has to be the most insane market ever

Discussion in 'Trading' started by iceman1, Jul 7, 2005.

1. I suppose it could be a flight to quality by the Europeans.:eek:

#31     Jul 8, 2005
  2. cmon man, the mkt is designed to take your money, especially if you are a trader type. How they gonna do that if you understand it?

It's designed to f**K your mind up.

#32     Jul 8, 2005
  3. this market is absolutely a joke...

I don't know how anyone outside of blatant gunslingers and poor gamblers can actually feel confident on the long side. There is just no way anyone would ever expect to see the broader markets, and particularly the semis, continue higher like today with all the negatives.... this is absolutely insane!! We apparently just had a terrorist attack in London... oil continues to push higher and higher and we continue to have rate hikes (don't fight the Fed?), yet apparently the maggot hedge funds consider this a buying opportunity?! If you live long enough you see everything, I guess.

bonne chance

IcE
    :cool:

#33     Jul 8, 2005
  4. Sam123

Sam123 Guest

But how does the Islamist attack of London have anything to do with the quality and health of companies listed in the S&P and Russell indexes? The market gets spooked by such events, sure, but do you think the shorts are going to just sit there and not cover and the bulls will not buy when the S&P got spooked to 1171? Don’t you think the market has grown accustomed to the “new normal” of global Jihad? (Perhaps traders are growing confident that the West is about to untie its hands.) At the very least, the S&P will retest the March highs.

The short-term rate hikes do little because the world is loaded in cash and is dumping it into the U.S., and causing the long term rates to continue to bottom-out.

As for oil, the volatility was strange, as if there was no consensus on to how to react, but to react. Yes, it’s pushing higher but refined fuel energy prices must climb in tandem before it effects the economy. But if the price of oil climbs while gasoline prices remain in the $2-3 range, perhaps the market will be paying attention to the success of government proactive geopolitical oil strategies and policies, rather than terrorist attacks.

#34     Jul 8, 2005
  5. oil only affects market when price of it going down...

otherwise $100 oil is "priced in"

Dow 11k by end of month!! all aboard

thank you Cramer $$

#35     Jul 8, 2005
  6. Well, my long positions came in nicely, and my hedges worked well too! To those afraid to pull the trigger, you have to pay attention to the market. When the market shrugs off bad news, that's the sign of a strong market! You don't great opportunities often, but when you do, you've got to pull the trigger.

Good trading to all!

Mhashe, did you cover your shorts this AM and get long?

#36     Jul 8, 2005

7. What does cramer have to do with it? A mediocre trader at best!

#37     Jul 8, 2005
  8. Cramer told me that he will "single-handedly be responsible for the ensuing massive tech rally" and I should "back up the truck..beep...beep...beep" and buy tech!!

Naz 2350 "all aboard"

Besides Abbey Cohen came out other day and called the bottom.... I have to email her and thank her as well.

#38     Jul 9, 2005
  9. well I guess my EBAY and QCOM moved... !!!!!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

:D :D :D

#39     Jul 21, 2005
  10. Hedge Funds scored some blows today, now they need oil to move again hard up.

Institutions 27 -- Hedge Funds 3

with two quarters to go.

#40     Jul 21, 2005