has to be the most insane market ever

Discussion in 'Trading' started by iceman1, Jul 7, 2005.

1. up down market but pretty trendy intraday. i was up for intel both shorting and longing throughout the day

#21     Jul 7, 2005
  2. so now I guess we just gap up and go on tomorrow's great jobs #s and rock on to blue skies!!

thank you Waxie $$

ka friggin chingo $$

I love free money from Greenie :)

#22     Jul 7, 2005
  3. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

yea but 9-11 was the climax of the bear run. afterwards, markets rebounded.

bali? where was bali before the attack? not exactly an economic power, so its no wonder it may have taken them a while to get back on track.

spain - yes youre right.

time will tell

#23     Jul 7, 2005
  4. "it's a bull market"

#24     Jul 7, 2005
  5. and it's earnings season once again...

we never sell off durning earnings season anymore.. period

#25     Jul 7, 2005

6. "The stock market is not operating in the present or reflecting the present; it is operating on what is yet to be the future.

The market often moves contrary to apparent common sense and world events, as if it had a mind of its own, designed to fool most of the people, most of the time. It is therefore foolish to try and anticipate the movement of the market based on curren economic news and current events."

Jesse Livermore..nuff said:cool:

#26     Jul 7, 2005
  7. he said it all... in one quote or another!

So how come my long stock and short put options in SINA EBAY and QCOM didn't move a muscle (higher) the past few weeks??? Someone explain that to me in this SO-CALLED "bull market"? Talk about frustrating... when you are short a ton of puts on EBAY and you have to fking PULL TEETH to get it back to 35!

THAT IS A BULL MARKET? :eek: :eek:

or is EBAY and QCOM not stocks one would expect to move with an uptrend/bull???? Come on? ! SO, as usual, it is a market of stocks !

IcE

#27     Jul 7, 2005
  8. The markets always feel "insane" and "it's different this time" to me.

Just the last few years there were the meltdown in the summer of 98 [ltcm], something in the fall of 99, the bursting of the bubble in 2000, the bear market in 2001 through 2003, loss of volatility this year, etc. etc.

It's simply how it is. If you want predictability, buy T-notes.

#28     Jul 7, 2005
  9. its not just a "weird feeling"

when was the last time the SPX had a 2% down day??

check it and the answer will be double the longest time period EVER in the history of the stock market..

that' aint' be'z right to me..

I smell something MrGreenspan

#29     Jul 7, 2005
  10. =======
    Am a little bit suprised QQQQ, with QCOM in it closed up;
    they have been mostly down for the year.

Have a variant perception on Spain;
    even though much of the markets are in a bull market.

At the end of the day, Spain was running with the bull also:cool: ;
    whole herd of bulls on the move in the streets, was the fundamental picture.

#30     Jul 8, 2005