Has there ever been a time in history..

Discussion in 'Politics' started by SomeYoungGuy, Jan 23, 2010.

1. GS comp does not seem unfair. They are getting paid what the market will bear. If the market will not bear it, they will get fired or their pay will decrease. I just don't see that happening.

The only things stopping me from working there are a) I don't do well in a corporate environ, b) I'm not Jewish, c) I won't move to New York.
    None of those things I hold against GS in the least. Only at the point where they try to prevent me from achieving my own success do I have a problem. And I'm worried that the Obama administration is about to snip my balls and prevent me from reaching my full potential.

lol yes, the answer to my question: only in a short period after a revolution.

#11     Jan 24, 2010
  2. loik

loik

Would/could GS welcome a noninflationary(stable) monetary system?

#12     Jan 24, 2010
  3. Good Charlotte.

Charlotte Corday.

Selflessly eliminated a rabble rouser, a coward of a journalist, a man who slung shit far and wide, knowing it would increase copy, increase discontent, increased hatred, and for no other reason.

The spineless, worthless origins of modern commercial journalism.

Good Charlotte.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlotte_Corday

#13     Jan 24, 2010
  4. Oh, right, back on topic, Spartacus comes to mind.

Sure, it was a slaves rebellion on a large scale, but damn-held out for some time. They really kicked some Roman ass.

#14     Jan 24, 2010
  5. It seems that uprisings of the masses in general change the status quo.

When order is re-established the wealthy and powerful tend to gravitate right back into leadership.

This was not the plan for The Republic of America that had checks and balances in its founding.

Most of the early revolutionists and signers of the declaration of independence made great sacrifices, were killed or had quite a miserable time of things.

#15     Jan 24, 2010
  6. Try to remember that these prestigious schools did not cost alot of money to go to back then. Tuition for yale in 1800 was about 30 dollars, or if you go by how much gold cost at the time 1 1/2 oz of gold. Today gold is $1100 per oz, but you cant find any school that will only cost you 1 1/2 oz of gold per year to go to. Imagine if Yale only cost $1650 per year to go to (or $825 per semester) You really wouldnt need to be rich to go there.

#16     Jan 24, 2010
  7. We could have just had that time in '08. The banks should have not been bailed out, then u would have seen a real transfer of wealth, if we were still a capitalist economy. I really don't give a fuck about the alleged consequences, there would have been those positioned to pick up the pieces. Imagine the killing any competent trader/investor would have made... Jesse Livermore style.

#17     Jan 25, 2010