Has the Better Business Bureau become one giant scam?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Rearden Metal, Apr 17, 2011.

1. sprstpd

sprstpd

After being charged a fee without notice by a regional bank, and after exhausting the complaint process at the bank, I contacted the BBB about it. Got the fee back but didn't want to close the case until the bank changed its notification policies. BBB closed the complaint without my approval and deemed it "satisfied." Moved my account out of that bank ASAP. So BBB is somewhat good and somewhat bad. I consider them just a tool I can use in instances where companies are being anal.

#21     Sep 4, 2013
  2. Dunn and Bradstreet ratings are in the same category as BBB if you ask me.

They've seemed to blackmail credit ratings of my companies for some time now, wanting $200 or so for each just to rate you.

Consumer reports is what I based buying my car on, and it has been worth the time I spent to examine their reports for the same reason that I believe this is about the only reputable third party that isn't paid to do this.

#22     Sep 5, 2013
  3. usrx201

usrx201

Just posting BMT run by Big Mike is a scam over and over in various threads by the same few people using multiple account id's is not going to convince newcomers to avoid BMT. Nor deter members of BMT who enjoy the quality of the BMT forum. Same one or two people who were banned from BMT and carry the grudge for years.

#23     Sep 8, 2013
  4. It's your stupid shilling, pal, that is doing more damage to that joke of the forum than anybody or anything else. How stupid do you think people are not to be able to form their own opinions?

That forum of yours is run by a cowardly, silly loser. No trading brains and even less integrity!

How do you know they use multiple accounts? You sound exactly like your boss. Always eager to make accusations because he cannot stand reality!

I was not banned from that forum and I will never sign up for it either!

Why don't you address the sleazy activity of Harald Steinhaus? And that's just the tip of the iceberg. That's the type of people that your shitty forum caters to.

http://tradingloonies.wordpress.com/2013/08/09/harald-steinhaus-and-the-orwellian-memory-hole/

Liars, smear artists, knock-off peddlers.

#24     Sep 15, 2013
  5. I've had a business for 25 years. Been a member at times and times wasn't a member. That never affected my rating. My uncles been in business for decades and has never been a member and has a BBB A+ rating without ever paying a dime. Two isolated experiences in Texas.

#25     Sep 15, 2013
  6. i think it depends on your location and who is running it out there. I've never had a problem with them when dealing with it for my folks' shop. Once i did file a dispute against some website I bought shoes off that didn't ship for 2 months. I'll tell you what - getting the BBB involved pissed off this guy lol. Maybe it's better on the consumer end? like i said it's probably something more specific to location

#26     Sep 19, 2013
  7. elvisT

elvisT

I read a report regarding complaints about health clubs that were received by Better Business Bureau. Around 9,400 complaints were filed against fitness professionals, fitness centers and health clubs. So, before signing a contract, make sure you read it thoroughly. More information here: Better Business Bureau.

#27     May 27, 2014
  8. I saw a documentary about this a couple of years ago. A lot of businesses were discussing how the BBB was strong-arming them into paying big money for a high rating or otherwise, they'd give them a low rating.

#28     May 27, 2014