Has It Occurred To You?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Saham, Apr 5, 2004.

1. Saham

Saham

Dude, "not if its backed up by a grenade/ shoulder missile/ and a few thousand rounds of m-16 bullets....this should be the case every single time..anyone in the vicinity is blown to smithereens..."

We do that and civilians go down. Civilians go down - the war is OVER. Perhaps this is why the militias are in control of the streets.

If the troops cannot FIGHT a war they cannot win it. They cannot fight it if there are 100s of civilians with knives and clubs in the streets.

Ho, man. This is ridiculous! It sounds like everything we have thrown at them has not even fazed them.

*thinks about that for a moment* fazed... faze... PHASERS! SCOTTY, PHASERS ON FULL STUN!!!!!! BEAM ME DOWN! JUST DON'T FORGET THE PHASER RIFLE! AND BRING EXTRA PHASER... TUBES... WITH... PHASER STUFF IN THEM!!"

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

(wake me up when all my forex positions are closed in profit)

Sam

#21     Apr 5, 2004
  2. ElCubano

ElCubano

im more worried about saving our ass than doing the right thing...but hey i totally understand....its one big crazy situation and i hope we can find a way out...

#22     Apr 5, 2004

3. 100s of civilians with knives and clubs

Don't knives and clubs make them combatants? And not civilians?

#23     Apr 5, 2004
  4. Saham

Saham

Dude, there is no more army - we wiped them out a year ago.

These people are.... PEOPLE! That is why we are not winning! Hey, you gunna blow some 8 year old kid away standing next to you with a slingshot? Some 70 year old lady who sticks yah with a knitting needle because you killed her son???

Just try it! They click a pic of that, send it off to the UN - the ENTIRE globe comes down HARD on America with sanctions.

This freekin thing looks like it is over!

*do I detect a headache coming on?*

And America is not about to drop a bomb on this place - the majority of our allies would declare war on us.

I think they main problem is, half these guys are named Mustafa.

"Eyewitnesses commented that the protestors threw rocks at a military vehicle that was arriving at the base shortly afterwards Spanish-led troops and Iraqi police opened fire on the crowd from various points. The demonstrators returned the fire and the battle lasted for three hours."

*tapping nails on desk in a nervous fashion*

I wonder what I can do to get mytwocents to sit on my face....

#24     Apr 5, 2004

5. You're right, the US is still in appeasement mode, and are not willing to do what needs to be done to win a war.
    Its time to come back home and be done with it.

I wonder what I can do to get mytwocents to sit on my face....
    Bring your own razor, just to make sure things are as they should be.
    :D

#25     Apr 5, 2004
  6. Saham

Saham

http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/D43A5CDF-E1AF-4572-B027-B2AE9F4AC150.htm

"Golan inhabitants say US forces used cluster bombs and missiles against them," he said.
    ___
    Oh great, we're bombing them.

"The Falluja economy is dependant for goods and services on the agricultural and industrial towns and cities in the region. Today, vegetables and food could not be brought into the town. People who work outside Falluja could not go to work," he said.
    ___
    Oh great, we're starving them.

"Shops are closed and life in the town is paralysed. I am standing among dozens of angry Falluja people. They say they are not afraid of the US forces, they are ready to fight. The crowd was chanting there is no God but Allah."
    ___
    So much for "Christianity."

*rolling eyes*

#26     Apr 5, 2004
  7. America is like a big juicy red apple with a nest of maggots eating out the center.

What can you expect from a country where greed, biggotry and religious intolerance are major forces in the election of its federal government, to the point where the electorate would support a god damn certified fool for president, in order to accomplish its purposes.

#27     Apr 5, 2004
  8. THE PRESIDENT: Well, I think there's -- my judgment is, is that the closer we come to the deadline, the more likely it is people will challenge our will. In other words, it provides a convenient excuse to attack. In this particular incident, with Sadr, this is one person who is deciding that rather than allow democracy to flourish, he's going to exercise force. And we just can't let it stand. As I understand, the CPA today announced a warrant for his arrest. This is one person -- this is a person, and followers, who are trying to say, we don't want democracy -- as a matter of fact, we'll decide the course of democracy by the use of force. And that is the opposite of democracy. And it's -- that's why the CPA issued the statement they issued.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2004/04/20040405-4.html

#28     Apr 5, 2004