Has It Occurred To You?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Saham, Apr 5, 2004.

1. Saham

Saham

ElCubano: Brother... you are right.

We have to do something enormous (level the place?) or leave.

If not, we better count on us having an ocean of ANGRY Iraqi family blood that may perhaps successfully eat our troops.

I have solutions... but... as of yet I have not got an invitation by our President to meet with him in the Oval office to convey them.

//shrug//

Most of all, we must not forget the human factor in this. That those people do probably love each other. Love is great uniter. And hate is a more powerful force than all the weapons of war.

Sam

#11     Apr 5, 2004
  2. Not a new term.

Cluster Fuck.
    (Vietnam) A mission, operation or activity gone bad. Confusion.

Link to above definition:

http://4mermarine.com/USMC/dictionary.html#click

#12     Apr 5, 2004
  3. Saham

Saham

*rolling eyes* ... I had to ask...

Although I think you may have used it in the wrong context. Either that or you put the two words "Cluster" and "FUCK" together, "ClusterFuck"and it threw me off, but... that is probably irrelevant.

*mutters to himself* "the 'cluster' part I could understand it was just the 'fuck' ... fucking cluster, clustering fucker, cluster fucking ... fucking a cluster.... hm...."

: /

#13     Apr 5, 2004
  4. Saham

Saham

They took US captives.

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/04/05/1081017109634.html

"The uprising had erupted at nightfall on Sunday in the sprawling Shiite slums of Sadr City on the fringe of Baghdad. US tanks and helicopters were moved in and eight US soldiers died as street mobs chanted claims that the occupation was over. There were unconfirmed reports that six US soldiers had been taken prisoner."

This is a grave situation.

:cool:

#14     Apr 5, 2004
  5. ElCubano

ElCubano

I know this; if i were a soldier in IRAQ I would shoot anything in my scope...any uprising would be met by my bullets I dont care if its right or wrong or if their cuase is more right than my reason for being there...but im not going down that way...i feel soo sorry for these soldiers not being able to crack down on these insurgencies....thats just the way you fight force with more force...get riot gear and lots rubber bullets and them high pressure hoses if need be...

#15     Apr 5, 2004
  6. rodden

rodden

The situation in Iraq is hopeless. If 'democracy' is established it will prove to be nothing other than dictatorship by the majority - the fighting will go on. If it is not, the fighting will go on. The U.S. will eventually be looking for an exit point at which there is stability. Stability can't be enforced without sending millions of troops in to police the entire country - an economic impossibility.

Before the invasion there was order - the order of ruthless tyranny; now there is chaos. Which is less evil?

Things will get worse before they get better.

This is Vietnam all over again. Different terrain, (cities vs jungle), but a similar situation.

The saddest thing is that this situation was probably inevitable. The U.S. must defend its interests.

Things will get worse before they get better.

#16     Apr 5, 2004
  7. Saham

Saham

EC, writing helps keep me awake. Been trading forex since last night at 7PM, or was it 5:30PM? hm... anyway, two things...

1) I am beginning to think that Iraqis eat rubber bullets and them pressure hoses for breakfast.

2) IF there are US captives, Iraqis may feel that what they did to the last captives (burning, mutilating, hanging, dragging) just did not get the proper message across.

*ahem* ... If THAT is the case... and they videotape what they are doing or have done or will do to the 6 NEW Americans...

They'll be right, the occupation is "over."

Sam

#17     Apr 5, 2004
  8. Saham

Saham

"Stability can't be enforced without sending millions of troops in to police the entire country - an economic impossibility."

This is SO true.

[ http://www.voanews.com/article.cfm?objectID=775AC9BD-D766-42D1-9288D25D939C967E ]

If 60% of 25 million Iraqis are Shi'ites, how many of them belong to the Shi'ite "militia?"

More than all the allied armies put together? If it is so, this is 10 times worse than Vietnam.

This is a grave situation.

:cool:

#18     Apr 5, 2004
  9. Saham

Saham

Shi'ite Militia Rules Streets of Baghdad Slum

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=worldNews&storyID=4752449

BAGHDAD (Reuters) -" U.S. helicopter gunships opened fire as tanks rumbled through Baghdad's sprawling Shuala district Monday, but teenage militiamen with guns and knives were firmly in control when the clashes ended."

"People came out from their homes when they saw what was happening. U.S. troops fled when a (tank) transporter in the convoy was seized and set on fire," said Sheikh Ali, carrying a pistol and wearing a "Fine Surfing Gear" sweatshirt.

"By the early afternoon, the militiamen ruled the streets, with only a few bursts of gunfire in the distance."

I still say they should turn Janet Reno loose on them.

#19     Apr 5, 2004
  10. ElCubano

ElCubano

not if its backed up by a grenade/ shoulder missile/ and a few thousand rounds of m-16 bullets....this should be the case every single time..anyone in the vicinity is blown to smithereens...they do it again we add more force..sooner or later they will want to skip breakfast....

you think they care about politics; why should we?? at this point fuck what the world thinks or get the fuck out...

#20     Apr 5, 2004