Has interactive brokers fixed the platform??

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by larrybf, Apr 8, 2002.

1. Today was my first trouble free trading day in a week. Ws i just lucky or has IB fixed the hardware problems finally???

2. def

def Sponsor

the switches were replaced.

3. And they still had problems? Are they still tweaking?

16:56:51 To GLOBEX users

Mon Apr 8 16:56:51 2002 EST Globex price feeds are back to normal.

16:55:09 To GLOBEX users

Mon Apr 8 16:55:09 2002 EST We are experiencing difficulty with our GLOBEX price feeds.
    Order routing is not affected.
    We are working on this issue.
    We apologize for the inconvenience.

15:46:19 To all users

Mon Apr 8 15:46:19 2002 EST Order routing is back to normal.

15:20:15 To all users

Mon Apr 8 15:20:15 2002 EST Some customers may experience difficulties routing orders.
    This will resolved shortly.

15:20:07 To GLOBEX users

Mon Apr 8 15:20:07 2002 EST Some customers may experience difficulties routing orders.
    This will resolved shortly.

12:30:06 To GLOBEX users

Mon Apr 8 12:30:06 2002 EST GLOBEX order routing is functioning normally.
    It appears that GLOBEX canceled some customer orders.
    We are working with GLOBEX on this issue.

12:07:13 To GLOBEX users

Mon Apr 8 12:07:13 2002 EST We are experiencing difficulties routing orders to GLOBEX.
    We are working with GLOBEX on this problem.

11:50:55 To GLOBEX users

Mon Apr 8 11:50:55 2002 EST We are experiencing difficulty routing NQ orders to Globex.
    We are working on this problem and apologize for the inconvenience.

4. def

def Sponsor

i thought they were finished. however, globex did cancel a number of orders for no apparant reason (w/o informing IB electronically or beforehand) which created some havoc.

5. DEF: thanks for the answer . trading is hard enough without having these additional worries. thanks againfor the quick reply

6. Not only did IB have the same exact problems as last week, but they have become so predictable that I announced to one of the chatrooms that they would go down within 10 minutes and lo and behold they did...Every day for the past week IB has had the connection problems at approximately 2:15-2:20(CT)...Again, this was the case today...I would like to know how it is possible for this to happen at the same time everyday...

7. Vulture: i can feel your pain. I always exit the market by 1 PM (eastern) ao i guess i missed it luckily. Have you noticed AM problems also or is it strictly a PM snafu??

8. tntneo

tntneo Moderator

monday was trouble free for stocks & options. they did mention a possible problem for some orders but only some customers were affected. I was not. so at least the trend reversed here toward improvements. I am sorry you still faced difficulties vulture. globex seems more trouble, NYSE has been very stable (but last week obviously) and seems back to its normal self.

9. stevet

stevet

i have seen that sort of repeating time issue with data vendors such as esignal - and when you tell them something repeats at the same time - they get really pissed off - almost as if they feel that if they have not noticed it - they don't want to be told

i think the problem with a lot of these technical led businesses is that they have either crap or arrogant heads in charge of the technical department