Has IB's Data Feed Become Useless?

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by version77, Sep 14, 2006.

1. johnk49

johnk49

No I only want the single quote for the month that my option position is for.

#21     Sep 21, 2006
  2. chinsven

chinsven

Many charts consist of merely two dots over a one year period. IB is being paid 10$ by me for data. Is there some way to optimise data utilisation, ie. viewing futures charts? Is there comparable deal available with better data/historical charts with other futures brokers?

Your response is well appreciated.:)

#22     Sep 22, 2006
  3. "We are not doing anything new."
    This is truly a factual statement!!

"The IB charts are unaffected by this."
    This statement scares me.

"Instead, we continue working on the feature of providing real time 5 second HLOCVT bars, which will eliminate the occasional "missing High or Low" on the real-time charts. (This was requested by several of our customers)."
    Any inconsistencies destroy the integrity of the trading environment. I can only imagine it would have been several thousand people requesting this IF they would have been able to get through to customer service!

I know of hundreds of traders that have requested IB add Fixed Volume Bar Charts to their features but IB can't as long as they don't offer all the ticks and the conscientious from IB's Customer Service people is that they see no need in offering such a "Fringe" feature? I put that in quotes because I was in the room and heard one of their reps tell this to a customer.
    This was a similar response I was told from other calls in regards to this question.

IMHO, in this day and age any company that blatantly ignores their customer's requirements and needs, creates a faulty working environment and treats customers service as an afterthought should be avoided like the plague.

IMHO, IB could rule the trading world if it weren't for their arrogant attitude toward this industry and their customers.

#23     Sep 22, 2006
  4. On IB charts, if you add up the volume on the various bars on the chart, the result will not add up to the cumulative volume for the day. So IB charts ARE affected by the problem. The user just doesn't realize that there is a problem

#24     Sep 22, 2006
  5. No j_medved, I agree. I hope you didn't misunderstand the sarcasm.

#25     Sep 22, 2006
  6. ProfLogic - it was understood :)

#26     Sep 22, 2006
  7. hektor

hektor

" know of hundreds of traders that have requested IB add Fixed Volume Bar Charts to their features but IB can't as long as they don't offer all the ticks and the conscientious from IB's Customer Service people is that they see no need in offering such a "Fringe" feature? "

Hi Prof,

this is a 310 Volume Bar Chart for the Russel Mini with esignal below and IB above using Multicharts.

I cant see a great difference that lead to a complete different result.

• md2.png
      File size:
      85.2 KB
      Views:
    #27     Sep 22, 2006
  8. Hey hektor, it doesn't look like there is much difference but there is to some of us. For some traders the differences are of no consequence which I understand and respect. But I feel that if you are going to offer a product, offer the best most consistent product you can.

Any inconsistencies create doubt on the part of a trader when it comes to entry and exit scenarios and doubt is the slow death of a trader.

IMHO, if IB offers a product they should take responsibility for its accuracy. I talk to a large group of traders daily and they are constantly complaining about the discrepancies that are created with IB's data verses comparable data from eSignal, Tradestation and Ensign.

#28     Sep 22, 2006
  9. Steve_IB

Steve_IB Interactive Brokers

You may wish to check our software release notes. Almost everyone of these improvements has come from customer suggestions. We do listen, and we prioritise what appears to be the issues most in demand.
    http://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/software/releaseNotes/Notes_Index.php?ib_entity=llc

We have also recently launched a Suggestions Poll, where customers can suggest new features and vote for features. I'm not sure if suggestion 1044 or 1035 covers what you want, but if not, then post it here - "hundreds of traders" voting would get quite abit of attention:
    http://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/general/poll/poll.php?ib_entity=llc

#29     Sep 25, 2006
  10. I appreciate your effort to create a Webpage to trap this information but fast interpersonal contact would be a nice feature too.

I trade almost daily with tools already found in other software. I am no longer interested in switching since what I use is accurate and consistant with tech support and customer service available when I need it.

I tried IB a few years ago and found the customer service and support environment lacking and only supplying "some" of the ticks instead of all of them was totally unacceptable.

#30     Sep 25, 2006