has IB raised commissions?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by jaan, Jan 5, 2002.

1. IRAF

IRAF

Same thing here. All my partial fills on Friday were charged an extra buck. I am gona write to them about it on Monday.

IRAF

#11     Jan 5, 2002
  2. agent99

agent99

I suspect it's a software glitch which will be taken care of.

#12     Jan 6, 2002
  3. ktm

ktm

I noticed this a while back and posted about it on another thread here somewhere.

Be sure to check your ending balance from the day before and the beginning balance on the following day. Check Thurs, Fri and your next statement. I had brought this up to IB a few weeks ago and they pointed out that it "was a long story" but to check the "cash balances from day to day" around the day of the erroneous charge. Sure enough, they had added the overcharge back into my cash balance.

Seems to be a glitch somewhere. I'm sure they are working on it. It only affected partials with me as well. I'm certain any real additional charges/commissions would have been noted.

#13     Jan 6, 2002
  4. def

def Sponsor

sorry not to respond faster as I've been on a plane the past 20 hours or so.

i confirmed that this is a mistake and it will be corrected ASAP. no need to send mails to the help desk.

#14     Jan 7, 2002
  5. jsmith

jsmith

Thanks for the update def!

#15     Jan 7, 2002
  6. agent99

agent99

I had already sent an email and just got a reply that said that the programmers identified the problem with the commissions from Friday and are working on resolving it. "You should see a credit for the difference hit your account soon."

#16     Jan 7, 2002