Has ET reached the Tipping Point?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Xspurt, Sep 23, 2012.

1. Did someone mentioned free lunch?

#41     Sep 24, 2012
  2. Came here expecting steak and i got a ham sandwich without the ham :p

#42     Sep 24, 2012
  3. Here's a nice paradox for ET.

Considering most are bearish on ET and considering the board tends to be, overall, more wrong than right....

I'm selling naked ET puts, any takers? :D

#43     Sep 24, 2012
  4. 1. Look at the price

2. Note your emotions (greed, fear, indifference)

3. Do what feels WRONG - inflict the most pain in yourself possible (for me, this is buying the capitulation spike down, after it stops moving briefly)

4. Cash out when you start to feel good with the position, when you start counting the money

5. When you are so bored from nothing happening that you want to turn off the console, things may be getting ready to get wild.

Mark Douglas goes over this in The Disciplined Trader - by freeing yourself from your emotions, you can read the emotions of other traders by seeing your former self in how price is moving.

#44     Sep 24, 2012

5. can i do a bear calender spread.

:D

#45     Sep 24, 2012
  6. Brilliant. Yes, very good advice. In trading, if it feels good, don't do it surf:)

#46     Sep 24, 2012
  7. BSAM

BSAM

Well, let's see here...

I been hearing these type of complaint threads since about...umm...I believe it was September 1999.
    And this website has been quite successful.

If you participate on this website on a regular basis, you will pick up some gems.
    Nobody is going to just give their hard earned years of work away to you just because you asked.
    You got to search and decide.

If you start a thread and someone is being an unnecessary juvenile jackass, just hit the complain button.
    Use your complain button judiciously, though.

ET is a good and fun place.
    I have enjoyed the website and ET has helped me in my trading journey.

Some of your complaints are legit; some are not.

(P.S.: It's all in the chart, brothers.)

#47     Sep 24, 2012
  8. umm.. i'm relatively new to ET... and i have found good people and friends here... its just one of those things.... you can get good out of it if you put good into it.. i can see everything about a person by the way they give insight into another persons strategy or psychology.. people advertise how good of a trader or how unhappy of a person they are this way.. its counter intuitive but realistically if you want to know about someone else.. ask them what they think of you. :)

#48     Sep 24, 2012
  9. TheMan

TheMan

Cannot argue with that.

:)

#49     Sep 24, 2012
  10. TheMan

TheMan

Except when it starts to feel good when doing it.

At this point you would in fact be doing something that once felt wrong but now feels right.

:eek:

#50     Sep 24, 2012