Has Elite Trader "jumped the shark?"

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Thunderdog, Feb 5, 2009.

Has Elite Trader "jumped the shark?"

1. Yes

62 vote(s)
    82.7%
  2. No

91 vote(s)
    121.3%
  1. Yes, it has.

Mainly a few serial posters who have an uncontrollable urge to post all day, every day, on every topic. Who feel that an increasing post count somehow makes what they spew worthwhile.

You find an example in this thread, the dude cant seem to just STFU.

#31     Feb 5, 2009
  2. I am surprised ET let you get away with such a posting. The real problem is traders don't have money to trade, or have lost some of their excitement, and understandably so.

#32     Feb 5, 2009
  3. If you have not yet voted, then please do so. Operators are standing by. :D

#33     Apr 27, 2009
  4. I know, eh? Don't you just hate that?

#34     Apr 27, 2009
  5. Yes from a quick review of the archives it seems the quality of posts was much different a year (or more) ago.

Comments from serious traders seemed to be more focused (on trading rather than bashing), and the psychos weren't so evident.
    Recently for example I noticed a "announcement" from a poster who characterized him or herself as a "professional troll". This has to hurt the site, but then again if the owner doesnt't give a damn, then its going to continue.

Personally I am only here to use the archived posts for info and offer an occasional comment AND unless or until things change I make it policy not to patronize the sponsors. Too bad the site has turned into such a mess.

Good luck

#35     Apr 27, 2009
  6. Surdo

Surdo

I wonder who you are referring to???

:D

#36     Apr 27, 2009
  7. Yes Tdog, ET has jumped the shark.

The Reason?

ET is now perceived as a bunch of white trash losers hoping someone will give them the ticket to get them out of the trailer park.

There are lots of traders that hit this site. But after reading a little bit, the recognize that to give anyone here a system would be the equivalent of giving north korea an ICBM.

There hasn't been a true racist with major economic resources since Hitler.

Most responsible people will aggressively not wind up a financial Oppenheimer.

If you look back a few years, u will c that true trading threads are inversely proportional to the amount of StormFronters that have arrived to this site.

#37     Apr 27, 2009
  8. I just created an account IShopAtPublix there as well. Just to hedge my bets.

#38     Apr 27, 2009
  9. And its not that I have a problem with free speech, but any civilized culture has "etiquette" and "taste"

A woman should not wear a skirt so short that we can c cheeks if she bends to pick up hors d'oeuvres.

A man should not routinely use profanity in polite company.

The queen of England is not to be hugged. ( just teasing Tdog)

If ET wants to be taken as a place where Jim Cramer or T Boone Pickens just might drop by, then it has to carry itself as such.

Years ago, this site was monitored by
    every major broker and platform provider.

I don't know it that is still the case.

In a nutshell, this site needs to be cleaned up. If traders are not talking as if they were down at the local professional waterhole, then the mods should kill it.

Stalking should be stopped. There should be mods dedicated to certain posters whose sole purpose is to disrupt.

It should be required that to start a thread in Chit Chat, you should contribute weekly to the elite traders on this site.

If you start bogus threads, banned.

#39     Apr 27, 2009
  10. It jumped the shark when people from canada that have never placed a trade began creating polls for everything.

#40     Apr 28, 2009