Has Elite Trader "jumped the shark?"

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Thunderdog, Feb 5, 2009.

Has Elite Trader "jumped the shark?"

1. Yes

62 vote(s)
    82.7%
  2. No

91 vote(s)
    121.3%
  1. "Jump the shark" comes from a scene in a 1970s television series, Happy Days, in which someone jumped over a shark. The phrase describes something that has reached its peak, and has turned mediocre.

http://www.answers.com/topic/jumping-the-shark

Please feel free to comment on why or why not.

2. gnome

gnome

The "intellectual content" of the average post on ET seems to me to be < 10/100.

3. This from the guy who mangages to put a criticism of Obama in just about every post, no matter what the original topic.

LOL ... :D

4. Since you are a longtime member, you are better placed to comment than newbies like me.
    What's your opinion ?

5. Lucrum

Lucrum

Yes, and obviously it's the Canadian's fault.

6. Perhaps I am biased, but I think it has jumped. The absurdity level of some posters and their posts appear to be on the rise. And unless there is a growing market for such absurdity, I think the bloom may be off ET's rose. However, I do think that the hardware and software forums are generally very good resources, and I have certainly benefited from them.

7. Pekelo

Pekelo

Let me ask 2 questions:

1. Is there anything better out there?

2. Has trading suddenly became more interesting?

So we are stuck with you bitching about Larry, Rand and religion.* :)

* If I missed any pet project of yours, feel free to include them...

8. You're welcome.

9. nkhoi

nkhoi

I saw the same question before and since we are still here just have to wait and see.

10. I'm reminded of a once-vibrant mall that slowly begins to lose an anchor tenant here and there, along with some other, smaller national or regional chain stores. The vacant stores then become occupied by dippy flea-market-type operations. The place still looks reasonably busy, but you know it's only a matter of time before the whole tent folds. It's not a great analogy, but I think you get my meaning.

Of course, I could be very wrong and I probably am. Just that my Spidey senses are tingling...

#10     Feb 5, 2009