Has Buffet Lost His Touch?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Brandonf, May 28, 2005.

1. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

I know. I started the thread I was just trying to bait people and see what I could get here, but I am glad to see that "I was caught". I have about 10% of my networth in BRK stock and don't plan on changing that any time soon.

Brandon

#11     May 28, 2005
  2. buffett is washed up and his "luck" has run out........

we are fading his every public move at this time......

:D

#12     May 28, 2005
  3. landboy

landboy

I made this mistake too, and I hate to be nitpicky, but really everybody should start learning how to spell the guy's name correctly, its just waaaay too funny when you refer to the guy as a multi-selection dining experience. yumm

#13     May 28, 2005
  4. jem

jem

now I wonder if I have spelled his cousin jimmy's name incorrectly as well.

#14     May 29, 2005
  5. j1900q

j1900q

We all chase our tails at times. Over the long term, my money is the nebraska boy.

#15     May 29, 2005
  6. LaSalle

LaSalle

The notion that Buffett is "shorting" the USD is a faulty one. Buffett's businesses, as represented by BRK, are "USD-cows".

What is the net projected annual cash flow of BRK's businesses less BRK's short USD position? My guess is his businesses take in far more in USD annually than BRK is short USD.

See what I'm getting at here?

#16     May 29, 2005
  7. cable

cable

Buffett's a value investor. His whole career is based on buying things nobody else wants to touch and holding them until the market proves him right (kinda like Mister Market, heh heh). Of course, he's traditionally made money by buying things that are obviously undervalued, but I guess his take on the fundamentals rates these new investments as undervalued as well...

Or else he's gone bonkers in his old age.

#17     May 29, 2005
  8. Tradefox

Tradefox

There is only one thing that I do not agree with him on ... his short on the USD.

His entire trading concept is based on the main principle "Only invest in what you undestand".

I think he is out of his league on this trade but even a master can make mistakes.

#18     May 29, 2005
  9. I cant believe how many restaurants the guy owns.

#19     May 29, 2005
  10. I'm also short EUR/USD. :D

ts

#20     May 29, 2005