Has anyone use Traders Accounting in Arizona? Any suggestion for a good accounting firm?

Discussion in 'Taxes and Accounting' started by aachinc, Sep 4, 2018.

1. aachinc

aachinc

Hi,

I'm trying to open a L.L.C. (with my wife as a partner) for my full time trading job to take advantage of the tax benefits like Mark to Market, Wash Sale, or the deduction for the money I spend in educating myself.

Anyone has experience with Traders Accounting (Arizona, Jim Crimmins as CEO) before?
    If not, could anyone please suggest a good accounting firm or online service for setting up an LLC and doing tax accounting?

Thanks a bunch,
    AACHINC

2. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

dealmaker and ajacobson like this.
  3. lindq

lindq

You'll need to qualify for trader tax status to file as an LLC, which as you may know will require you to be extremely active, and to remain so. And you may want to seriously consider all the ramifications of involving your wife.

I speak from experience.

And Green Trader Tax is by far the superior of the two companies.

4. treeman

treeman

Fyi- the irs doesn’t hand out trader status easily. It’s a pretty high hurdle.

5. I can tell you from first-hand experience to avoid Paul Mann (CO) and Courtney Kurisko (NY). Both are shockingly incompetent.

6. R1234

R1234

I've used Green Trader and Paul Mann, both are fine. But now I use another one.
    The main issue for me is whether these guys can finish the returns in time without having to file an extension. Extensions suck big time and can lead to a domino effect with other filings. Prior to using any of these CPAs, get a guarantee (each year) that they can finish in time.

7. patil

patil

Could you please name of another CPA that you used besides Green Trader and Paul Mann. I am preferably looking someone in Northern California.

8. Rxtrader1

Rxtrader1

Hi Patil,
    I am in the process of doing the same thing and wanted to see how your experience have been?