has anyone use a trading psychologist?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by 1a2b3cppp, Oct 26, 2020.

1. volpri

volpri

I once had a co-worker who was somewhat strange. If I remember correctly he told us he went to a psychologist and after a few visits was told by the psychologist to NOT come back as he (the co-worker) was driving him (the psychologist) crazy.:D

Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
    #21     Oct 27, 2020
    themickey likes this.
  2. volpri

volpri

Yvan Byeajee is a trader who has some helpful tips on trading psychology from a practical standpoint.

#22     Oct 27, 2020
    Grantx and Sprout like this.
  3. Sprout

Sprout

In addition to this meditation suggestion, there are emerging techs that accelerate the benefits. Basically using some form of biofeedback to facilitate entrainment.

Heart math’s Inner balance coherence trainer would be an effective one and can also be used while actively trading.

The qualities of being alert, calm and confident being the result of it’s regular use.

Insights from a qualified pro can certainly put one further down the path of greater self-awareness but ultimately the desire for change must be inspired from within.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
    #23     Oct 27, 2020
    David's faith likes this.
  4. Sprout

Sprout

Yeah, his whole series is concise and on-point. I just love authors who can communicate their ideas through short books

#24     Oct 27, 2020
    volpri likes this.
  5. Andrea Wylan

Andrea Wylan Sponsor

Yes, Wendy (from Billions) is the best!

I thought I would chime in since Trader Coaching is what I do. Trading coaches and therapist can help a lot because the biggest challenge in trading is dealing with your own mindset.

The skills required to be a good trader and the skills required to be a good coach are not the same, therefore one doesn’t need to be a good trader, actually, to be a good coach. For me, I think it’s helpful that I know how to trade and I’ve been through all the Trading up and down experiences that traders go through. But I also have coached doctors, lawyers, musicians, CEOs, etc. you name it and I don’t have to know how to do what they do. I just need to know how to coach.

The other thing that I will say about working with a coach / therapist to help your trading is that it isn’t necessarily easy! It’s like any form of personal growth, you have to face yourself and deal with it. Reading a book on trading psychology and mindset may be helpful but in the end I think to actually make positive, lasting changes most people do better with one-on-one support. So there’s someone outside of your self reflecting back what’s going on. A book can’t do that.

If you sign up for coaching or therapy, it’s typically a deep dive into yourself, and the results can be not only positive for your trading results but also comprehensive for your life.

I’m happy to talk with traders individually about what I do if this is something you might be interested in.

#25     Oct 27, 2020
    yc47ib likes this.
  6. Nobert

Nobert

(Big smile)

At least gave me an idea, on what is the right type of a wife material, for the furure.

#26     Oct 27, 2020
  7. Trader Curt

Trader Curt

Yeah I guess so. I've just found different ways of trading that don't excite nor dissapoint you and I have never looked back. Anyone who trades something that puts them on an emotional rollercoaster is gambling their money

#27     Oct 27, 2020
  8. Turveyd

Turveyd

If I keep going around the same never ended, circle, I've just gotten back out of and profitable again, then I might need 1 been considering it, just driving myself crazy.

4 weeks on a demo account with 90%+ losers, made zero this month real, down only slightly.

Confidence is key, when lost you can only take stupid bad setups hence my 90% losers even on Demo LOL

#28     Oct 27, 2020
  9. volpri

volpri

Excellent..excellent! A football teams gets better much faster if they have a good coach. Reading books on football and playbooks for plays cannot do that. We are blind to our blind spots and often need help to even see the blind spots to then deal with them and make corrections.

#29     Oct 27, 2020
  10. volpri

volpri

90% losers on a demo? Good grief. Does covid have you stressed out or what? Maybe you need a coach to help you crawl out of the pit?

#30     Oct 27, 2020