Has anyone noticed...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Gabfly1, Apr 16, 2010.

1. I agree that Gabby's constant accusations of racism are out of control. I'm guessing he was in University sometime in the 1980s. That's where this PC culture of victimization philosophy was fostered (or festered).

The problem with the analogy above is this. If Pierre La Rogue were President, there would be plenty of people questioning his citizenship etc. And it's true that it wouldn't necessarily be racism. However, very, very few people would be thinking that what really needs to happen is for someone to put a bullet in his brain or string him up in a tree. What people would want would be for him to get ousted and shrink back into obscurity.

That's not what the hardcore racists want for Obama or any other black man. That's the difference.

The legacy of white on black racism is hard to deal with for the right, no doubt. But it's there, and it's alive to whatever extent.

Lastly, what Gabby may fail to realize is that the most virulent racism, if you're measuring by how widespread it is, doesn't occur in the U.S. between blacks and whites. Gabfly has apparently never experienced the racism that exists between different Africans themselves, between certain Asian ethnic groups, or among certain South Asian ethnic groups. What about in Eastern Europe? People aren't lynched very often in America anymore, but people do die that way in other countries. All the time. As a result of racism.

American whites have no corner in racism.

#51     Apr 16, 2010
  2. Translation: Do not question us. Submit to what we say and we will all get along fine.

(Curious...doesnt Islam say the same thing?)

#52     Apr 16, 2010
  3. In the last few years since I first heard Obamas name, I have yet to hear one person say that we need to put a bullet in his brain. The closest thing I have heard is a liberal saying that some radical racist might put a bullet in his brain.

But I have heard plenty of liberals even on this board say that george bush needs to be executed.

#53     Apr 16, 2010
  4. Bush was my favorite liberal, fortunately he's no longer much of a threat.

However that's not the case with "o".
    As long as we keep getting obama-ed by this administration our economy is going to be in deep manure by the early 2020's.

#54     Apr 16, 2010
  5. I am not disputing that racism exists, or that there are some who feel as you stated about Obama. But the majority do not, and it is the majority that are being called racist for ANY differing view of OBama and his policies (from folks like Gabfly).

#55     Apr 17, 2010
  6. Agreed.

#56     Apr 17, 2010
  7. Read the first post again, and then feel free to misinterpret to your heart's delight. The remaining birthers are racist. Until the Tea Partyers were eventually admonished by their leadership and told to tone it down, a large number of signs, placards and slogans were openly racist and no one there sought to extinguish them. Never, under any other administration, had there been such a contingent of "open carry" heroes strutting their stuff. Not even during the pro-gun Bush years!

I'm not talking about the majority of all Americans here. I merely refer to the ones described above. And there are plenty of them. Yes, racism and bigotry exist everywhere in the world. Just that some Americans have taken it to a new level in their own country relative to the preceding couple of decades or so. I wonder why that might be...

You don't solve problems by ignoring them. They first need to be identified. Guys like Hello, HelloDollar, Lucrum, index piker, peil and several others don't "see" any such problem. Are you among them?

#57     Apr 17, 2010
  8. Supporting a candidate because of his or her race?? Don't they have a word for that??

#58     Apr 17, 2010
  9. Why don't you read my post before you quote it?

#59     Apr 17, 2010
  10. I did, you said you'd express your disgust if a visible minority was elected to PM in Canada and people expressed disdain for them. Expressing disdain and contempt for a Caucasian is fine, but if they are a minority they should be protected from criticism? Well, for better or for worse the thought police have not yet been established.

#60     Apr 17, 2010