Has anyone heard this Zepplin ripoff band?

Discussion in 'Music, Movies and TV' started by wildchild, Apr 1, 2018.

1. wildchild

wildchild

I heard these guys on the radio and I thought it was an un-released Zepplin song.

The guy can do a damn fine Robert Plant impersonation, I at least have to give him that. I saw this cover they can of Whole Lotta Love and you would be hard pressed to tell me that is not actually Zepplin.

vanzandt likes this.
  2. vanzandt

vanzandt

Pretty damn good.
    I've been clicking through their stuff. There's some damn strong raw talent there. 3 brothers.
    They need to follow their own path though and not get pigeon-holed into some Led Zepplin cover band persona.
    My bet is these kids make it big with their own material.
    Lots of good music comes out of Detroit.
    Good find.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
  3. wildchild

wildchild

At least someone is putting out good music. You are hard pressed to even get a guitar solo anymore.

4. ElCubano

ElCubano

Wow that’s as close as you can get.

5. RRY16

RRY16

They are playing Coachella next weekend and the following weekend but Wildchild wouldn’t have fun there with all the millennial women and drugs.

6. mlawson71

mlawson71

I had never heard of them or their music, but I quite like it.

7. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

Robert Plant blurbs about GVF.

8. KevinD

KevinD

Best Zeppelin cover band I've heard are a group of Croatians called "We are Gruhak".

9. RRY16

RRY16

Write up from Coachella.

WINNER: Saviors of Rock, Greta Van Fleet

“Straight out of a woodstock documentary,” is how one critic summarized the band of brothers (and one friend) from Michigan.

“To be honest, we didn’t really know what we were getting into at all,” bassist Sam Kiska told The Party Report after the show. “We all went into this with no predisposed idea of what we were doing. We just went up on stage and here was this massive tent filled with people, then overflowing with people actually outside of the tent. There was no soundcheck, no line check, we just got up on stage and played. I guess that’s what being a musician is all about.”

DIDN'T MAKE IT?: How to experience Coachella without leaving the Bay Area

“I felt that we took that excitement and put it right back [in to the set], this feedback loop just kept getting bigger and bigger until the end of the show, the last note of ‘Safari Song.’ Everybody had a great time, they go off and see something else, and take that energy with them, spread it around So, yes, I think that Coachella lived up to everything we thought it was going to be.”

10. vanzandt

vanzandt

Looks like they're trying a little too hard to be something they're not.
    Whats up with the outfits?
    Cropped T-shirts should not be allowed on a kid with a baby-fat gut going on.
    If you're gonna play the part of Robert Plant.... ahhh, never mind.

Saturday Night Live Performance:

#10     Jan 27, 2019