Has anyone heard of NAEA tax agents? v.i heard H&R block sucks and NAEA is better

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by IronFist, Feb 6, 2010.

1. ...although it could have been just sales propaganda.

So how does it work. Do I just go to their website and find a local person and send them an email/call them and get a meeting set up?

Has anyone used them before?

Basically my income last year was complicated (to me), unemployment income, self-employment income, and trading income, and it's worth a few hundred to me to let someone else do it and take the blame if they fuck up and I get audited.

So, NAEA, tell me about it.

2. bump for people on ET who actually pay taxes!:D

3. Shiaww... paper traders don't pay no taxes..

4. If you can show that you declared [substantially] all income and have a legit explanation for any deductions you've taken*, there is no reason to fear an audit.

* IRS may disagree on this, but it's not a biggie... even if you lose the argument.

The only REAL risks are (1) failure to declare significant amounts of income, and (2) wild, unsupported write-offs.

5. clacy

clacy

Just ask around (your city) for a good CPA for your tax prep. My experience with H&R Block is that they are just as expensive and half as knowledgeable.

$300 is a small price to pay for piece of mind in tax preparation, IMO.

6. That's what tax preparers would like you to believe.

Years ago, my wife went to a CPA to do our taxes (a relationship from before we got married)... as the CPA was inputting the data, I asked.. "What's that, the CPA version of Turbo Tax?". He said, "Yes, Turbo Tax"... So, instead of paying him $400 to type in the numbers, we now do it ourselves for $40...

So I say again... "If you declare your income and can support your deductions, there is no reason to fear an audit"... Sure, an audit will be a nuisance... but it won't cost you much, if anything... and the odds of being audited are around 1%... unless your return "red flags" significant unreported income or has large, "potentially unsupport-able" deductions.

7. My "expenses" are a few computer software programs and money that I paid to outsource some work. I paid for all of those with PayPal so I have easy records.

Those are all legit expenses, right? It's not like I'm taking my friends out to lunch and saying "business expense!"

So for the people I pay for outsourcing some of my work, I just paid them a flat dollar amount. I didn't withhold taxes or any of that stuff. So technically, they're independent contractors and are responsible for their own taxes on what I paid them, right?