Has anyone found a profitable auto system ?

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by Humpy, Dec 9, 2017.

1. tsgiannis

tsgiannis

If someone had a really automated profitable system we could looking to a value around a couple of billions to say the least......a rather "stupid" game got the creator 2.5nb ...so a winning automated system should be valued much higher....maybe its time to continue my code....

#41     Dec 18, 2017
  2. Humpy

Humpy

In answer to my own question based on the replies thus far it looks like the answer is

NO

#42     Dec 18, 2017
  3. maxinger

maxinger

who so foolish as to sell a profitable auto system?

and if someone sells an auto system at very high price, it doesn't mean it is working well!
    It simply means seller is trying to ATTRACT buyer by selling a worthless product
    at exhorbitant price.

#43     Dec 18, 2017
    supreme trader likes this.

4. agree. If the auto system is really working, seller will definitely want something priceless like bedding with your wife.

#44     Dec 18, 2017
  5. qlai

qlai

So what about companies like Quantopian? If you think about it, people who develop strategies on such platforms effectively selling their strategies. Yes, they keep the IP, but you can't buy the yacht with IP. There are a couple of reasons I can think for a person to sell profitable (still profitable?) strategy to someone else. I'm sure you can too.

#45     Dec 18, 2017
  6. That’s called an indecent proposal. Either way, I wouldn’t place that much value on one vagina, when I can have a bunch of vaginas for the same price, and potentially all at once :)

#46     Dec 18, 2017
    d08 likes this.
  7. d08

d08

Really? I'm willing to sell everything I have for only $250 million. Bargain of a lifetime I guess.
    You might want to read what liquidity constraints are.

#47     Dec 18, 2017
  8. fan27

fan27

I am afraid many fail to grasp the concept of a "profitable automated system". Ask yourself this...are there rules based strategies/techniques which can provide better risk adjusted returns than the S&P 500? Can software be written to automate a rules based system? The answers to those questions are Yes.

#48     Dec 18, 2017
  9. themickey

themickey

Where do you live that that would be the case?
    Lot of fugly's in this day n age, specially now that tattoos have become fashion.

#49     Dec 18, 2017
  10. Tattoos coupled with obesity only amplify the repulsiveness

#50     Dec 18, 2017