Has anyone found a profitable auto system ?

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by Humpy, Dec 9, 2017.

1. d08

d08

This is a good resource for a very basic look at correlation. It's for ETFs but you can find corresponding ones for futures.

#31     Dec 14, 2017
    SimpleMeLike likes this.
  2. shatteredx

shatteredx

#32     Dec 14, 2017
    SimpleMeLike likes this.
  3. RedDuke

RedDuke

Great summary. exactly what we do.

#33     Dec 14, 2017
  4. Thanks d08,

Good information to know.

#34     Dec 14, 2017
  5. #35     Dec 14, 2017
  6. fan27

fan27

That site you linked to only supports backtesting 5 years worth of data which renders any backtest result slightly better than worthless.

#36     Dec 15, 2017
  7. qlai

qlai

Watch videos from below site to get an idea of using multiple un-correlated strategies together. Many other topics covered as well. Just for educational purposes.
    https://algorithmictrading.net

#37     Dec 16, 2017
    SimpleMeLike likes this.
  8. I have about 200 auto systems that have been profitable at various times in the past 15 years or so. I am currently running three systems that have been profitable for the last year. In my experience, auto systems work for a while and then the market changes and a different system is needed. I have never sold any of my systems, though I would happily accept payment if anyone offered. I have given away several of my systems to various fellow traders.

Here's a freebie for you: Buy Home Depot during the last 5 minutes of trading every day but Tuesday; sell it at the open the next day. This has been working several years. Of course, it could stop working any day now... :)

#38     Dec 16, 2017
  9. All systematic/fixed trading systems, as far as I'm concerned,are weird and silly and rather dumb and close-minded and square. o_O

I don't understand or see how someone can reasonably expect to win and survive and thrive doing that.
    I say this alot...but trading is part art, part science...everyday, each unique chart.

your avatar face looks like a cross between actors Charles Grodin and Steve Martin.

Make Trading Great Again 2018,...High-Five` ET extraterrestrial

Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
    #39     Dec 16, 2017
  10. fan27

fan27

Read up on Renaissance...checkout their stats.
    http://www.marketfolly.com/2010/06/renaissance-technologies-medallion-fund.html

#40     Dec 16, 2017
    d08 likes this.