Has anyone found a profitable auto system ?

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by Humpy, Dec 9, 2017.

1. Humpy

Humpy

If I had, it might make sense to sell copies before the system crumbles under the pressure.

#11     Dec 10, 2017
  2. d08

d08

Why not go for 10,000%? Might as well...

#12     Dec 10, 2017
  3. 777

Is this a joke post?

Tens of billions have been made by totally automated trading, see Renaissance Technologies as an example.

The only reason 15 bitcoins is too expensive for an internet-bought system is that no one is selling you the keys to the kingdom for so little, let alone on the internet.

#13     Dec 10, 2017
  4. Humpy

Humpy

Oh and less than 10% draw down ( most important ).

#14     Dec 10, 2017
  5. fan27

fan27

Assuming you are being serious about these system requirements, I am going to save you a lot of time and money if you are willing to listen.

There is no such thing as an automated system which can consistently average 100% per month in profits. It does not exist. It's possible for a system to have a hot streak with those sort of results but it is impossible to sustain those results. I will also venture to say that it is impossible to find an automated system which can consistently generate 10% per month. 10% per month compounded is 313% return per year. If you started with $100 you would have $9.2 million in ten years. Show me anyone in this industry making those sorts of returns year after year. You are dealing in fantasy with your system requirements.

#15     Dec 10, 2017
    SimpleMeLike likes this.
  6. Humpy

Humpy

OK you are making a good point.
    So what figures would you expect ?
    The system that I have just had coded up and now I am testing cost $180.
    Cost may figure in the calculation if a coder helps, lives in the West etc. He could charge a lot more than say a 3rd world guy living at home.

#16     Dec 10, 2017
  7. fan27

fan27

Think of it like this. The market has different phases. Some systems do well in bull phases, some in sideways markets and some in volatile markets. You are very unlikely to find a system that will do well in all phases. That's why most pros are running multiple systems to smooth out the equity curve and more optimally allocate capital. Who knows, your $180 system could be "hot" for awhile and hopefully won't give back all your profits once the markets change.

#17     Dec 11, 2017
  8. Hello RedDuke.

Thanks for giving us hope. Glad to see someone is achieving what I am trying to do.

I send major congratulations to you and your team developers on finding profitable system. It's alot of work. I know because I am in the process of testing multiple strategies. I have find nothing yet, but I enjoy the process and keep on looking.

Good work! !

#18     Dec 11, 2017
    RedDuke likes this.
  9. Thanks for comments fan27,

Can you please go more into detail with this as I am currently develop and testing automated systems?

Are you stating that mulitple ssystems meanin a system that is good for range condition and trending conditions?

I have one systems that does well in trending market, but not good range. Pros use multiple systems?

Thanks

#19     Dec 11, 2017
  10. fan27

fan27

That is correct. What do you use for backtesting? Can you test multiple systems concurrently?

#20     Dec 11, 2017
    SimpleMeLike likes this.