Has anyone else noticed this March - July 2010 daily chart pattern?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Algo_Design_Kid, Aug 5, 2010.

1. exaltedangel09

exaltedangel09 Guest

Your one big joke.
    Although I am bullish, 1300 s&p with weak earnings, no job growth, no new breakthrough technologies, 2.8% yields on the 10-year, 1% yields for the japan 10-year, just doesn't fit into my books.

You have to realize this 'rise' in the equity markets is correlated with the 'devaluation of your American Currency'. I remember when I was a kid, when I used to go on Vacation to Maine, NY, Washington etc.. it cost me a fortune (I'm Canadian FYI).. Today when I go to the states everything is sooooo cheapp...

Sure the S&P can go back to 1200 or 1300, but the USD/CAD is already AT PARITY. You have got to be kidding me that 1300 will occur.. It will be cheaper to go to Harvard then to McGill for MBA.

That will be the day..

#31     Aug 6, 2010
  2. Oh wherever have your cut and paste rants gone? Oh that's right.....

:p

You've been reduced to next to nothing. I'm enjoying it. Have a great weekend.

:cool:

#32     Aug 6, 2010
  3. Weak Earnings? Not really man. What are the statistics on how many have beat in the USA? Why am I a joke?

You are one of those people that thinks they are always right and blah blah, when I was a kid shit. The US Equity markets more than make up for any dollar devaluation we have ever had if you have been invested since 1980. That is off the top of my head, but I think I can prove this tomorrow when I have some time. If not, looks like the old dog still has some tricks.

Great, you're a Canadian, the Canadian dollar is strong against ours but it isn't going to just be like that forever. I know you've waited most of your life for this moment. It's finally happened.

In the years passing, when your fingers hurt too much to type on a keyboard anymore I bet the SP500 could be at 2000+ even. Hopefully it's not that long, I say that playing around, but come on man. I am guessing you got burned in the dot com bubble too? So did I and my family. Hope you didn't go long like early 2007. But I am sure you rarely lose in the markets. I say most of this in jest.

But just don't come out flaunting the CDN Dollar. I mean I know you guys don't have a lot on us except for lax drugs laws, which is pretty nice, but let's get real.

So I hope I can prove this tomorrow when I have more time because I am going to make a case for always being long US Equities over your entire investing life. And it will always beat out any amount % wise that the dollar has lost in value to other currencies. I bet I can prove it by quite a bit actually. If not, well I guess I am not as smart as I think I am. Have a good night.

#33     Aug 7, 2010
  4. Money is free, companies getting 0.5% interest, so it goes into equities, markets will keep going higher until we create another commodity bubble.

#34     Aug 7, 2010
  5. History repeats itself, just never in the same way :)

Oh btw, your lower indicated disagrees with you.

#35     Aug 9, 2010
  6. It looks like I could be correct.

The only difference is that the first bull run in the beginning of 2009 was much more powerful.

Same exact consolidation going on right now as was in the early to middle part of 2009.

Welcome to the next bull market coming up shortly, IMO at least.

#36     Dec 3, 2010
  7. Has anyone ever told you that you seem much more intelligent when you keep your mouth shut?

Un F**king believable is right.

#37     Dec 3, 2010
  8. too simplistic to be taken seriously

if you said as long as Zero Hedge was still bearish , the market can't crash, I'd be more impressed

#38     Dec 3, 2010
  9. Why does something have to involve advanced mathematics to achieve positive results?

Since the first post the market has only gained about 20% +. Not bad for something so simple.

Btw, yes, I would like to believe Tyler has personally donated at least 1-2 oz. of fire hydro to my stash since August. In a perfect would that is.

Enjoy your evening.

#39     Dec 3, 2010
  10. gimme a break. a coin toss is as simple as it gets, and can be done any time, even in the bath.

your one off lucky call is no better than flipping a penny , and would have been relegated to the dustbin if the market had gone the other way.

lets keep it real.

#40     Dec 3, 2010