Has anyone else noticed this March - July 2010 daily chart pattern?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Algo_Design_Kid, Aug 5, 2010.

1. ptrjon

ptrjon

the chart pattern looks a lot like the Nasdaq in 2000... went the other way. Speaking of which, where are my pets.com stock certificates?

#11     Aug 5, 2010
  2. LOL, it would have been a funny story to talk about

#12     Aug 5, 2010
  3. Yeah, but it actually looks more like the example I provided.

And I think the guy took your certificates ran off with my BUYX. That still burns.

#13     Aug 5, 2010
  4. Give yourself credit for a unique call.

For any n00bs out there take the quiz on how this chart gets a -5.

Un F**king believable.

#14     Aug 5, 2010
  5. *Putting in long term memory*

By the end of August as the SP500 breaches 1200 if I do not hear or read a typed (or handwritten) apology from you I am going to unsubscribe from your newsletter. This time for good.

:)

#15     Aug 5, 2010
  6. SK0

SK0

You are messing up the fractals and do not take into account that the bigger picture is still a bear market. Good luck! :D

#16     Aug 5, 2010
  7. NoDoji

NoDoji

Actually I see a very similar pattern here as well, with everything that preceded it including the 200 EMA looking eerily deja vu-ish as well. :p

#17     Aug 5, 2010
  8. It's close but not really the same thing. Plus we were coming out of a bull market at all time highs. This formation and the one in late 2008-2009 has 3 descending bottoms. Not that this means anything, just saying.

Anyway, like all of these "wait and see" threads it is all the same. I am just going to assume I am correct in the meantime though. Seems the best way to go about it hhaa.

#18     Aug 5, 2010
  9. :D

#19     Aug 5, 2010
  10. wow!!! I was just looking at the same exact thing 2 days ago, made a post about it on the yahoo forums, except, I thought there was one more big dip to go. It's hard to tell

#20     Aug 6, 2010