Has Anyone Been Able to Make Any Money on Dan Zanger's Picks?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by ByLoSellHi, Oct 16, 2006.

1. i was getting zangers letter from april threw aug end and bottom line he was awful and wrong. he was extremely bearish from june threw aug end at least and when the market rocketed he resisted it. i found him no different than cramer in that his bullish and bearishness seemd to change every few days depending on what the market did. as another note said he's only good in a long straight up market

#11     Oct 22, 2006
  2. But then what'd you expect? A newsletter writer with a crystal ball? There isn't any. It's not possible. The market can be traded profitably but generally not forecast any better than 50/50.

#12     Oct 22, 2006
  3. liulala

liulala

Apparently, this guy tries to make a living by selling those garbage.

#13     Oct 22, 2006
  4. off topic ... but has anyone here made money on "the gorrilla's"
    picks ? ( he advertises in IBD on the weekend edition with a full page ad )

also I used to hear of the trading prowess of phil erlanger's "squeeze play "?

oops ... forgot to mention the "motley fool "
    and "cramer "

perhaps the best thing to do ( as most of the ET members would claim ... including myself ... is to find your own methods
    that work )

that brings us to a different question ... what are some good EOD scanners ...

vectorvest ?
    metastock ?
    telechart ?

by the way IBD's website is free this week

#14     Oct 22, 2006
  5. Neet

Neet

Vectorvest is supposed to be on fire lately.

#15     Oct 22, 2006
  6. dan zanger is one the few no bs traders around. the newsletter is around $60, and is a great education toool. anyone who is studying to be a intermediate to position trader, needs to register for a free trial and read his archives like a book.

those who think he is useless, are probably losing traders who are still searching for some magical stochastics crossover to help then make $$$$$$$$$$.

open your eyes and see what real trading is about... price action, volume, trendlines, some moving avg's ..........thats it. once u realize this, zanger is the place to learn. after a while you will no longer need his help and u will become a profitable, self sufficient trader.

doing this involves a lot of hard work and dedication. the losers who complain about dan, are the same ones signing up for every stock picking service there is. they beg for profitable stock picks to be handed to them on a silver platter, before doing the work themselves.

#16     Oct 27, 2006
  7. His is the only stock subscription service I've ever signed up for, and it was the free version.

Every one of his picks for the last 3 weeks was a big fat loser, including some TERRIBLE calls on Legg Mason and Sandisk.

I guess you just like to overgeneralize about anyone who dares even ask about whether anyone else has found success with his picks since the great tech meltdown in 2000.

#17     Oct 28, 2006
  8. I wonder why he is playing LM and SNDK, doesn't seem like the stocks he would typically play.

#18     Oct 28, 2006
  9. mokwit

mokwit

Setharb, Metastock is a good EOD scanner - especially when scanning thousands of stocks. If you know Excel then surprisingly easy to code what you want. No experience of the others.

#19     Oct 28, 2006
  10. The Jedi

The Jedi

I don't know if he is good or not, but I have followed him since his early days and subscribed a few times to his service. Like every bull who made money in the early 2000 Dotcom days his picks did very good. In retrospect my dart (name had to be associated with dot com) throwing picks did equally good.

Now he is probably doing like every other bull, where the market did not support their stance. My dart picks are doing the same too.

Maybe I should start advertising my dart picks, but too late the dot com days are over. My accountant is willing to audit my dart picks for a small fee. I figure I can recover many times over that fee, if I get enough subscribers. I would also need an edorsement of some software company, i will occasionally have to go and speak at their annual retreat, and maybe tie in a brokerage speaker circuit.

If the bull market comes back again for the next year my dart picks (all boats in a rising tide) will do very well.

Well enough about me... As the FTC and CFTC all say past performance does not reflect future performance ... even if audited (my version) I have held back on an advertising slew of my dart picks.

#20     Oct 28, 2006