Has anyone _verifiably_ duplicated Yahoo's real time technical market indicators _numbers_? If so, h

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by jabowery, Jul 16, 2019.

1. fan27

fan27

I helped a client move from ThinkOrSwim to AlgoTerminal and the DTN IQFeed data I was using in AlgoTerminal just about identically matched (regular and extended trading hours stock data) the ThinkOrSwim data. So either both ThinkOrSwim and IQFeed has corrupt data that identically matches (highly unlikely) or they both have quality data.

#11     Jul 16, 2019
    jabowery and murray t turtle like this.
  2. jabowery

jabowery

It sounds like the first step should have been to shift the manual process to a customer-responsive charting service that offers an API so that once the manual process is replicated on the new charting service there can be confidence that the algorithm will be able to replicate its indicators.

Thanks. Your response is helpful.

#12     Jul 17, 2019
  3. %%
    IN a word; dont.
    Much free stuff isnt worth it LOL. IBD [investors.com] is a good/great free data source/200day moving average , delayed. And thier volume is more delayed some times than price. I do like YHOO 12 month candles[ 1 candle = 12 months, but thier % change is almost 100% wrong,LOL]:cool::cool:, :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

#13     Jul 17, 2019
  4. %%
    That's an advantage of - focus on a few;
    may catch errors.Free is a powerful word-that is why you may have noticed so many ads use it [free]!! YHOO has an accurate 50 day moving average, same as investors.com. BUT notice their % gain errors=about 100 % wrong LOL
    It is fun to sue b*stards; but not sure yahoo does qualify for that LOL. Especially since about 100% of their % gain[candlecharts] is wrong.LOL:cool::cool:, :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

#14     Jul 17, 2019