Has Anybody Seen Timmy's Autograph On Legal-Tender?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by NoBailOutBoy, May 27, 2009.

1. Where is the newly printed Trillion Dollars?

I may rely heavily on my ATM card, but I'm no virgin to $100.00 bills either. Since I began hearing about the Treasury's new printing effort I've been waiting to see a new Ben Franklin with our pal Tim's name on it. None to date.

Since I was planning to get new tires and needed some Memorial Day cash anyway, I went to my local B of A branch and withdrew $1200.00. When asked how I would like my cash I replied - "Preferably in One Hundreds, but I am specifically interested in bills signed by Timothy Geithner."

In less than a minute I had 3 other tellers searching their drawers, the bank manager, and about 6 customers pondering the question and looking in their pockets. It turns out that all had yet to see a new "Bill by Tim" and only 1 teller had even thought about it and had been looking.

So where is this new money? Is there a Trickle Down effect? How long will that take?

Did it get shipped directly to China mixed in with a load of copper?

Or, does it exist solely on the "Books" much like the value of Toxic Assets with clever Mark to Imagination Accounting?

I realize it hasn't been very long since the presses ran so please go lightly (but not too lightly) on the sarcastic remarks.

2. pspr

pspr

Hopefully he has to be dead before they put his signature on currency. Opps, I guess that only applies to picture of the pres.

3. Daal

Daal

It might take a while, actually physical currency printing is not a big part of the current easy money policy, replacement of worn out notes will eventually land you a timmy bill

4. [​IMG]