Has anybody read Technical Analysis The Complete Resource for Financial Market Tec...

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by kmgilroy89, Jun 14, 2012.

1. I know how they responded and it's something I have to consider when posting anything that could be considered as an attack on the poster. I don't start off that way, but I admit that after a while it does become an attack, not because I think that they are stupid, but because I believe they deserve it. If you're going to post something I believe that criticism and questioning are fair, even if they are coming from the OP. If one is not mature enough to handle the questioning and criticism and starts using insults, I do enjoy bothering them more. If I think about it further maybe it won't give me joy, but right now it does. However, I have to ask myself if the information I might gain by questioning and criticism is worth the possible isolation from them down the road. I'm not 100% sure to be honest. Maybe I'll get a better feeling of that in time.

I had to look up obdurate and obtuseness. Combining the two you think I'm too slow and stubborn to change my opinion. I change my opinion when my opinion is disproved or the evidence significantly shifts in the other direction. The opinion of a few people on a message board is not likely to change my opinion. I like logic and facts. Those things are normally what changes my opinions, not blind faith of what people are telling me on a message board.

That's not my persona. That's myself. I find it interesting that you think I'm socially challenged, have no street smarts, and are autistic. Maybe you're right. I don't know for certain, but I don't think I'm as bad at understanding people as you think I am. However, I think that we would both agree that it is much easier to read people in person. I get the impression that your post here is very serious and I'm being very serious, but you could actually be laughing your butt off at me right now. I don't know. You could question other things, but you specifically attack my social intelligence. Do you consider empathy part of social intelligence, because you could attack that? You could also attack other people for not reconsidering their thought processes when they can't back up their statements. However, it seems like you're making the assumption that, because I'm ticking a lot of people off that I'm the one at fault. So is majority rules now the basis for emotional intelligence? However, getting hot headed over the fact that you've been called out for not being able to defend your position is reasonable? That seems very emotionally weak to me. Maybe I should take another angle, because this thought process is a total contradiction to my intuition.

#51     Jun 14, 2012
  2. I wouldn't worry too much about specific ETer's. The halflife of a poster is shorter than a fruitfly's lifecycle.

Yes, you are at fault. You come here and ask for advice, which most of us love to give because we imagine ourselves to be good at this, and want everyone to know it through our helpful responses. So we get all puffed up and opine, and we expect you to either accept it or keep quiet about your doubts. Just watch a while and follow certain posters (not me, I'm an imposter). You'll soon find out who knows and who doesn't: "Those who know do not speak. Those who speak do not know."

Sorry, I have to go, Mommy says it's past my bedtime. Can we play more tomorrow?

#52     Jun 14, 2012
  3. I get a lot of good PMs. Too bad a lot of people don't post like they PM. They have to act tough and pretend like they've got it all figured out. Intellectual discussion not necessary, everything should be taken as solid gold. I find it funny when people post like they've got it all figured out and if they themselves don't do something then it has to be wrong way. If they can explain why it's wrong that's one thing, but people on here often say something's wrong and defend themselves using weak generalizations. That's a total crap defense. I don't think most of them are stupid. They might have a huge ego or maybe they're even insecure and are trying to compensate for something. I don't think I know every reason why they do this.

#53     Jun 14, 2012
  4. It may also be because most retail traders develop highly idiosyncratic ways of looking at markets, homebrewed as it were. If I told anyone here what I do, they would snort their morning coffee up their noses. Ten traders here could look at the same sustained move in the same market and give you ten wildly different reasons why it was sustained and tradeable. And once you find something that works, it becomes holy, like a religious relic, and you will defend its authenticity to the death. "It's mine, all mine! It's brilliant! I'm brilliant! We're both wonderful!"

#54     Jun 15, 2012
  5. Opulence

Opulence

I see a lot of the members on here have a reading comprehension problem. The OP said nothing to even indicate that he expected the book to hand him a profitable trading system for just a few dollars. Despite that, like I regularly see on here, people twist the words of someone else around and run with the twisted version and scold the person.

#55     Jun 15, 2012
  6. Lornz

Lornz

OP: Why haven't you created the "Mudgins Mentors Kilroy" thread yet?

It's quite difficult to recognize raw genius, but, if I were you, I would take advantage of the offer while it is still available. The madman with whom you are conversing are some of my most beloved posters on this godforsaken message board.

#56     Jun 15, 2012
  7. Pay him no heed, Kilroy, bad advice if ever I saw it. I am no fan of Dr. Mudgins. He will give you the mental equivalent of a vigorous rectal exam if you let him, and make you thank him for it afterward and schedule another one early next week.

#57     Jun 15, 2012
  8. Lornz

Lornz

I have a hyposthesis about your response, but I will keep it to ourselves...

#58     Jun 15, 2012
  9. Thanks. I am sure I don't want to hear it. Stream of unconsciousness can be scary sometimes.

Now it is time to fire up the Holy Grail code and see if it can be persuaded to change water into wine just one more time.

#59     Jun 15, 2012
  10. ronblack

ronblack

Losers don't understand your point. They are addicted to losses. In the era of algos they still use a book that shows patterns on charts of stocks that are either delisted long time ago or have disappeared. The track record of TA followers is very bad the last few years. I read a letter by Garry Stern the other day he sent to the price action lab blog that makes sense. I think it is a must read for anyone who is planning to invest time and effort learning TA: http://t.co/Mqglinjp

#60     Jun 15, 2012