Has anybody read Technical Analysis The Complete Resource for Financial Market Tec...

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by kmgilroy89, Jun 14, 2012.

1. I bought Technical Analysis: The Complete Resource for Financial Market Technicians. It's like a textbook and I'm only through chapter 2. I want to read a chapter a day and do all the questions. It seems like a good book and my only complaint so far is that I wish it had an answer key for the questions. What do people on ET think of this book? Are there better books? Should I supplement it with something else?

2. technical analysis of stock trends by edwards and magee, is a good primer.

3. Reviews on Amazon say that this book was written in the 1940's, but are still very positive overall.

4. Opulence

Opulence

I'm about as far as you are into this book. I look forward to seeing some opinions as well.

5. Do you really expect to find a robust system with a positive lifetime expectation in the tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars in a BOOK?

6. No, but I think it can help lay a foundation of understanding that I can build off of.

7. All it will do is fill you mind up with useless oversimplified theories of how price evolves. If you want to find a profitable system you have to invent one yourself from intently watching markets in realtime. Not that it will be new, it probably won't, but nobody is going to give away a robust system for the price of a book or a weekend class or a subscription service or anything YOU as a poorboy can afford. The crown jewels are closely guarded. But that can't prevent you from buying some gold and jewels and making your own.

8. vinc

vinc

I liked 'Diary of a professional commodity trader' by Peter Brandt . The whole approach revealed..No big deal, lifetime edge exposed :)
    In a book..

9. BSAM

BSAM

Brother Gilroy, have you noticed how amazingly close this is to what I have been telling you in your other thread?

10. Bob111

Bob111

too hard and boring..:)

#10     Jun 14, 2012