Has anybody lost money with a broker going under? (Lightspeed Lime Brokerage)

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by thyrus, May 9, 2020.

1. tonyf

tonyf

Does not feel like it. I have tried....

#21     May 17, 2020
  2. Sig

Sig

I understand one trick with them is to call when the U.S. office is closed and you'll get automatically pushed to one of their international offices. In a weird reversal of normal call center logic, apparently their overseas call centers are staffed with much more competent folks than their U.S. call center.

#22     May 17, 2020
  3. Dazz

Dazz

As regards your testimonials, do you not say:
    the testimonial may not be representative of the experience of other customers.
    So if that is true, we cannot believe testimonies so why cite something that you then disavow?

#23     May 18, 2020
  4. Sig

Sig

Because the law requires them to say that. You'll see that disclaimer on all testimonials of this type from any broker. If you don't see it that would be a reason to question going with that broker.

#24     May 18, 2020
    cruisecontrol likes this.
  5. Dazz

Dazz

I know the law requires that disclosure. Testimonies cannot be verified, authenticated or substantiated so why quote your own testimonies as a attribute which you go to disclaim?

#25     May 18, 2020
  6. Sig

Sig

Marketing studies have shown testimonials are effective. Why show scantily clad women when selling crappy beer? It doesn't have to be rational to work.

#26     May 18, 2020
  7. Dazz

Dazz

so true.

#27     May 18, 2020
  8. These types of threads always take me down memory lane. Gotta love markets!

#28     May 19, 2020
  9. abc1234

abc1234

Do you mind sharing what brokerage closed your crude spread? Did they give you any notification prior to closing?

#29     May 21, 2020