Has anybody learned anything?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, May 14, 2003.

1. November 2004...

#11     May 15, 2003
  2. to me, the strength of this ralleye (rally that comes back to punch you in the eye) is indicative of the entire professional industry being net short and forced to cover at the end of the war.

ding-ding-ding ---> time to remember that this whole thing was caused by a short covering rally in the $$$

and when the ralleye persisted, we all began talking about the plunge protection team...indicating that something is fundamentally lacking in this rally. the strength of gold makes you wonder what's really going on. i don't know anything about bonds so i am lacking entirely there. then there's the derivatives timebomb...

the selloffs in the past year have been fear inspired. fear of terrorism, accounting, and a fear of martha stewart. :D

in the past week (which is historically a very strong week until tomorrow) i have been seeing more size on the offer, and a higher frequency of outright market shorts for size.

the catalyst that is lacking is fear. all of the recent selloffs have been catalyzed by fear. nobody cares about the economy or debt; this is a society that is leveraged to the gills and apparently the average fund manager or monthly contributor cares nothing about deficits either...we may enjoy a boost in the bottom lines from lower taxes, but higher spending is going to kill us...tack on the $25k the average household had to pay for iraq PLUS whatever the figure is to pay off national debt interest and it adds up quick...

yesterday afternoon it seemed like fear was coming back on CNBC, but today they are all sunshine, shits, and giggles again. the saudi terorrist attack and apparent survival by al-queda seemed to be a decent catalyst to me for the fear to start, so we'll have to see what the news is allowed to show and talk about.

i mean, do you really believe that the administration will allow the news to really get out about the al-queda attack in saudi?? the truth about the attack and even worse -- the truth about saudi arabia -- will be too hard for the american people to stomach. i believe that saudi is in danger of being controlled by a fundamentalist muslim party, or so a friend told me recently, and this is going to be a big problem for W's world tour...doesn't it seem odd that the news is talking about why the FBI isn't being allowed into Saudi?? i mean, rules are rules, but the fact that this was mentioned RIGHT AFTER THE ATTACK is strange to me. why are they trying to buy time with that story about the FBI waiting for clearance to go investigate?? i don't recall this being mentioned in other foreign attacks, like at the nightclub in asia...someone correct me if i'm wrong...

the point is that as soon as the fear takes over the selling will begin...the fed meeting and CSCO weren't strong enough catalysts, as nobody seems to care about anything (including the economy) except for fear...

#12     May 15, 2003

3. The average household had to pay $25,000 for Iraq?

100,000,000 households x $25,000 = $2.5 trillion, no?

I don't get it.

#13     May 15, 2003
  4. Estimates vary -- that 25k is spread out over the next 10 years (plus let's not forget the fact that the US is trying to get the rest of the world to just forgive Iraq's debt, which is total fucking bullshit).

Check out this article -- it puts this war in perspective with the Vietnam war.
    http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/business/columnists/edward_lotterman/5395749.htm

(From the article):
    "A conservative economist, with the support of the bellicose faction within the Bush administration, is likely beavering away to produce a study that will show how the economy will get a huge boost from bringing democracy and free markets to the Middle East."

#14     May 15, 2003
  5. that's just because they tell her she looks extra hot when she's outta breath...:D

#15     May 15, 2003
  6. can we please put this thread in the trading forum???

it's definitely not chit chat and deserves a little more attention than it's getting here...

please,
    -b

#16     May 15, 2003
  7. Here's a guy that agrees with you -

(excerpt)

#17     May 15, 2003
  8. My site is commercial 'although free since 6 months because it's not my priority) everybody knows and I don't hide under false pseudonyms by posting "do you know this site it's great " and hypocrisis : I am not doing that to help people but for my own interest I hate people pretending that they do things only for the sake of others; I have being working in business since more than ten years I am not communist so it's your problem to have something against business haha ! At least when you do business you create employment and activities for other business whereas as a speculator excuse me but it's rather parasitism for the society. If I wasn't considering that I am eating the parasits by speculating also I would hesitate and do only business :D.

<FONT COLOR=RED><B>Freeeeeeeeeealways: I don't regret to have put you in my ignore list. You're just a snake, you ask email of people for sending them virus in word document, when you have no argument you look for personal attack that is very interesting indeed hahahaha : Grow up a little.</FONT></B>

Quote from freealways:

Many people have a bleak outlook of the US economy. Whether that eventually will turn out to be a route, who knows (i.e. no-one knows).

Alfonso, the way you have been taking up Harry's cudgel lately I wouldn't be at all surprised if you have taken up the opportunity which he offered on his website where he was looking for people to get rich promoting his method or system.

#18     May 15, 2003
  9. #19     May 15, 2003
  10. I have no problems with being on some idit's ignore list so why should you be so occupied with that Monsieur Henry ?

freealways

#20     May 15, 2003