Has anybody got the new Extreme Cable yet

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mahram, Jul 31, 2005.

1. Yes, I have been very satisfied with them as I have only had to call them once in years...my connection has been that reliable ...the only other time I did contact them was to tell them to cancel my cable TV which they did and my connection hasn't even hiccuped after they disconnected my TV cable but left my internet on.

#21     Aug 1, 2005
  2. omniscient

omniscient Guest

:eek: holy crap :eek:

so you've got 10Mb now and they are letting you be a beta tester for their 20Mb service? so you currently have the equivalent of 6.5 T1s (a true, full T1 runs about $300-900 each) and they want to let you have 13 T1s - sweet. fwiw, a T3 is equal to 28 T1s (45Mb). broadband is cool :cool:

that's called an understatement :D

enjoy :)

take care -

omni

#22     Aug 1, 2005
  3. I think canada has the lowest broadband in northamerica right now, especially if you get prepaid packages

#23     Aug 1, 2005
  4. I use Time Warner. My speed was 4.6 mbps and I pay $19.95 US a month. I'm switching to fiber next month for 10 mbps and made them give me a rate of $24.95 a month. Living in America is wonderful.

I will say that last year I was in Heidelburg, Germany and got to play with the electric internet @ speeds of 10+ mbps for about $10 US a month.

#24     Aug 1, 2005
  5. lol in alberta I heard it wa 10.95 cdn for extreme cable, thats like 8mbs, or about 8 bucks canadian, I dont know how these guys could charge so diffrent rates around canada and us

#25     Aug 1, 2005
  6. I have a question with these new 'fiber to the home' systems in the US.

Is this the typical cable deal where you are bound to their ISP with their crappy latencies or can you select among several ISPs?

#26     Aug 1, 2005
  7. In October (after a month of holiday in Toscana) I'll be switching my DSL-line to ADSL2+ with 25 megabit, and upgrade my cable-link to 26 mbit - and combine it to get 51 mbit total as well as a safeguard if one provider goes down. Not bothering with the switch before my holiday.

#27     Aug 1, 2005
  8. You can select from several ISP's but mine is 400 yards away. No latency here.
    Oh, I wanted to clarify too. I just checked and the electric internet in Mannheim Germany is now approaching 100mbps. We are behind the curve aren't we.

#28     Aug 1, 2005
  9. Banjo

Banjo

Damn, some nice broadband out there.

#29     Aug 1, 2005

10. When they doing that?? They are offering now a 8mb wireless service now in San Deigo. Have not checked it out yet.

#30     Aug 1, 2005