Has anybody got the new Extreme Cable yet

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mahram, Jul 31, 2005.

1. Hi I was wondering if anybody here except us western canadians got the new extreme cable yet. Our new cable speeds are now 8Mbs and by early next year the new new shaw cable extreme will be over 10mbs. I got the new shaw extreme and loving it, I was wondering if you americans got the extreme yet or are we a trial market.

2. Verizon is soon to be rolling out fiber to the home... up to 30Mbit/sec. :D I had a 10Mbit cable connection in Chicago thru RCN.

3. its pretty exciting, I was wondering now that its getting so high up, how does a t1 line compare now. If like 5 years from now they get cable up to 100mbs, how does t1 line compete against cable, how does dsl compete, they are still stuck at 2.5mbs

4. Banjo

Banjo

5. I don't understand speeds but when at home in NY, I have Optimum Online which is considered very fast by many...

I just found out they are trying an even faster speed in beta testing and sent letters to select current customers...here is a copy of it (not mine) so those of you who know about speeds can see as I again, don't understand speeds...all I know is things download fast.

6. Banjo

Banjo

That's bigtime slim. Of course depends on the cost.

7. I pay $49.95 per month....I don't know if the higher speeds they are beta testing will be more or not but mine is $49.95 per month

8. Thanks for that..I just went there and this is what they said:

7.1 megabits per second

Communications 7.1 megabits per second
    Storage 866.3 kilobytes per second
    1MB file download 1.2 seconds
    Subjective rating Awesome

The above is on my laptop..I have a desktop running as well.. both connected to a Zonet router.

#10     Jul 31, 2005