Has anybody actually profitted from a 5k deposit prop??

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by kungfutrader, Aug 1, 2009.

1. Nice.... So you're doing us the favor of contributing to this conversation having no trading experience and never actually trading at a shop.

How very insightful your opinions must be.

Have you ever traded live? Or just jealous you can't scrap the money together to join a firm, so instead you sit on line just being a hater. Certain firms are certainly chop shops, but there are plenty that charge low commissions and back you far into the hole. So bottom line would be that you are a broke loser and have probably never made a cent trading but wish you were in the game.

Only an idiot could say that trading is a boring job. Please explain to me how risking millions of dollars to make millions is boring compared to the job you have a Staples.

#31     Aug 7, 2009
  2. fuck off shit for brains.

#32     Aug 7, 2009
  3. A simulator is pretty much less than useless (as with anything else in this business, what doesn't help tends to hurt/deceive), and it has nothing to do with "real money" pressures. Of course there are varying degrees depending on market but never take your p/l on a simulator seriously. Practice your hotkeys and then get down to real money asap.

#33     Aug 7, 2009
  4. Well, a lot of prop firms make a living off of that :D

#34     Aug 8, 2009
  5. ammo

ammo

if you gave a seasoned trader 5k and a prop shop acct he could survive. If you gave your mother a semi and said drive this from ny to la, and she has trouble going to the post office,you know the outcome.You can't just get behind the wheel and drive,but you can just plunk down 5k and open an acct.

#35     Aug 8, 2009

6. That literally made me laugh for 10 minutes.

The only reason I laughed so long is the simple fact he shut you up and you had nothing to say to defend yourself.

You lose...good day sir.

#36     Aug 8, 2009
  7. Yes, I can actually see.

#37     Aug 8, 2009
  8. i can't believe the majority of people think sim trading hurt them. i sim traded for a year and it helped tremendously. however i was sim trading the ym and not stock so the fills are WORSE that realistic cause price has to trade through your limit. I agree with ammo sim helped me develop a strategy. i could care less what my sim profits were. i just tried to learn a viable stategy and learn were my losses came from, and try to minimize them.

#38     Aug 8, 2009
  9. Please don't insult anyone's mother. Some of these mothers are great traders and investors!

#39     Aug 8, 2009

10. you wasted ten minutes of your life lmao on that?
    wow, will you regret that when you're on your death bed.

not really, i just didn't see any point in continuing to address him.
    and i think shit for brains is a pretty good description given his assumptions.
    but thanks for participating.
    i'm rolfmao myself, it's all just sooo funny.

#40     Aug 13, 2009