Has any man here ever noticed that....

Discussion in 'Politics' started by oddiduro, Jan 14, 2009.

1. karol88

karol88

I noticed it, and it's getting worse....
    nowadays to portray an intelligent, dominant (white) male is politically incorrect...I wonder what is all this good for?

#11     Jan 14, 2009
  2. As a woman, and not a feminist I presume, do you think that this will have a negative impact on the upcoming generation of males.

What I mean to say is that if we ever need another Patton, I don't think he will be a "metrosexual".

This subject of strong and dominant men is almost as taboo as talking frankly about race and class.

#12     Jan 14, 2009
  3. The white male is the only "one" the media can make fun of. Every one else is politically incorrect. Specifically it is the red neck, a safe form of humor.

There is a book "The Red Neck Manifesto" covers much of this territory.

http://www.eclectica.org/v2n3/dickinson.html

#13     Jan 14, 2009
  4. You people consume way too much popular media.

#14     Jan 14, 2009
  5. kut2k2

kut2k2

EXactly. All this 'woe is the white male' whining is very revealing. I've seen commercials make fun of black males and even Asian males. I recall the Philly Cream Cheese ads making fun of a dumb blond (female). It all boils down to the individual filter you view these things through. Too many ETers see only what they want to see.

As for white male heroes in dramas always being cads of some sort, that's the biggest load of bullshit yet. Obviously AAA has never seen Criminal Minds, Criminal Intent, The Mentalist, any of the CSIs ... the list goes on and on.

#15     Jan 14, 2009
  6. There's definitely a "plaintiff wail" of the "poor white man" going on. My belief is the most of it fueled by the populist right wing-media. It's an easy crutch... and many will latch on it with great enthusiasm.

#16     Jan 14, 2009
  7. karol88

karol88

yes, I think it will have a negative impact on both, males AND females....if I had kids (boy or girl) I wouldn't want them to watch it... a young girl watching these things will think she's supposed to be the "man" in the family.

To me it really looks like they're trying to push the gender role reversal, the traditional family roles are being overthrown...in a couple years most of us will think this is normal, since most people are consumed with media.

#17     Jan 14, 2009
  8. It's just a marketing technique.
    When you sell to women ridicule the guy and vice versa .
    Whoever is the targetted buyer is the hero .

#18     Jan 14, 2009
  9. This will be the first book on my reading list in 2009.

Thanks nutmeg.

#19     Jan 14, 2009
  10. karol88

karol88

ok, could be...but ads like these will only target feminists, and right now they are not the biggest customer base.
    also, they must have come up with this 'technique' only in the recent years? correct me if I'm wrong.

#20     Jan 14, 2009