Harvey Houtkin DEAD!

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by highlifejoker, Jul 31, 2008.

1. jaywein

jaywein

I knew Harvey fairly well.. been to his beautiful home on Williams Island in FL and hung with him a bit.. the circumstances I am told
    were quite suspect and there apparently were errors in the hospital which could have been avoided..very sad...

I wish his wife shelly the best...

i have a SOES book signed by him that says "stay healthy" wish he would have done the same

j

#11     Aug 7, 2008
  2. RAMOUTAR

RAMOUTAR

There did exist a very long period of time in which people did make money at will. As this group of people grew, so did the competition. As the competition grew, the “competence” standards grew. Those who lacked confidence and skill found themselves facing failure since they could not adapt to the competition, and decided to blame others, rather than challenge themselves.
    For those that knew Harvey and paid attention during class, and understood the importance of Level II, momentum, the ticker and arbitrage between Selectnet and Instinet, knew that Harvey was NOT a chart man. In fact as someone who ran All-Tech Training Group, who taught thousands of traders, I had many heated and intellectual debates with Mark and Harvey about technicals. I’m proud to say that I along with Don Traponese, we were successful in the debates and incorporated charts into the training. Later the integrity and purpose of All-Tech Training Group was challenged by Congress, other officials and lawyers. All-Tech Training Group was NEVER found liable in any case, and in fact was praised. The standards that we instilled became the standards by which the industry is currently governed.

”They said plenty of guys were killing it doing what they said. Shefts even came out and gave a bullshit useless lecture although I do not recall the substance.”
    That has to be one of the most ignorant and nonsensical statements I’ve seen. How can you say a lecture is useless, if you don’t recall the substance? Mark Shefts is one of the keenest businessmen I know. Furthermore, ensuring that his customers were successful was the key to his and Harvey’s success at All-Tech. If you believe that your opinions outweigh the facts of a $1 billion, year long US Senate study and an industry changing standard…I have a bridge I’d like to sell you.
    I don’t know one seasoned trader who believes they will get an instantaneous fill when the market is ahead of them. That’s like thinking you’ll be one of the first people out of a fire exit door in a packed movie theater when someone yells “fire”, and you’re sitting in the back row with a hearing aid.
    Most unsuccessful traders would get their fills and then find the stock reversing. No different than the average investor who buys a stock after it’s been hyped up for weeks, only to find themselves at a loss because they waited too long to jump in.
    Again it’s evident that you don’t have your facts straight. In the world of the Internet and forums like this, you should take great care in making sure you have your facts together, you’ll never know who’s watching and what they know. There is no such organization known as RMB trading. Robert M. Luecke leveraged his stature (acquired through his experience with All-Tech, Harvey and Mark) to form RML Trading..NOT RMB TRADING. I’ve worked with Rob for a VERY SHORT period of time, in San Diego and worked with (his successor) Barry extensively. Barry testified for the US Senate in exchange to offset his personal rogue practices. I don’t remember the reference information for the Senate study, but you can Google “jai+ramoutar” for the link.
    If you rely upon pointed questions to elicit the truth, you have a serious problem. If someone is going to tell the truth, it really doesn’t matter how the question is formatted...they are what they are.

“The motorcycle guy” was not a son-in-law, as none of Harvey’s children were married or bore children at that time. I will not reveal the “motorcycle guy’s” name, but he was a great asset to the company.
    JEM…your opinion is your own. My suspicion is that you’re a very sour person, whose yet to achieve their goals in life, and blames others for their shortcomings. Harvey (rest in peace) and Mark invested millions of their own dollars to protect their customer and business, while protecting the traders of today. There are many folks who’ve made millions as a result of the impact that Harvey and Mark made in the markets.
    You made a very serious mistake challenging a man who’s left the earth, and soul who attempts to find peace… a man who changed the way WE trade the markets forever. You were very bright by shielding your stupidity and ignorance with a three letter moniker. I was brighter by responding to your idiocy with my real name, as I can take credit for my contributions in this arena and association with Harvey and Mark…I share (in a small part) in their legacy. Be VERY careful about how you talk about Harvey Houtkin and Mark Shefts. I am one of many who will extinguish your opinion with fact, and will stop at nothing to ensure that you do not disturb them with ignorant, false, hurtful and unfounded statements, as one of them attempts to rest in eternal peace, while the world enjoys the fruit of their accomplishments, while the Houtkin and Shefts' families mourn his loss!!!

#12     Aug 7, 2008
  3. NY_HOOD

NY_HOOD

the guy was a true pioneer. every wannabe trader should pay homage to the guy. he did alot for the industry.

#13     Aug 7, 2008
  4. agree

#14     Sep 5, 2008