Harvard Geneticist Wants To Grow A Living Neanderthal

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Jan 21, 2013.

1. pspr

pspr

Like an overgrown genetically mutated worm from a B rated sci-fi movie, our resident racist, RCG, has crawled back into his hole not to be heard from again this day.

#21     Jan 21, 2013
  2. jem

jem

Its funny everybody assumes neanderthals were dumb because some bone guys took a guess.

how the hell does anyone know how smart neaderthals were.

in fact if you type in neanderthals... they are now saying they had tools and pottery and they are re guessing the layers of caves.... and everything else. Its a great deal of conjecture..

There are hints of truth in the raw data... but then it gets filtered. By the time it gets to the papers and the text books its less than reliable.

All the stuff we learn in schools in the soft sciences is mostly educated guesses flavored selected by bias.

I suspected it could all be conjecture when they realized the neaderthal cranial capacity was larger.

#22     Jan 21, 2013
  3. pspr

pspr

That was going to be my next point of contention with RCG if he had continued the conversation. The success of Europeans and, thus, Americans vs other ethnicities over the last few hundred years provides evidence that having a couple percent of Neanderthal DNA in your makeup might be of a profound benefit to success instead of a hindrance.

It seems there is even a higher percentage in some Asians which might account for their even higher IQ scores.

#23     Jan 21, 2013
  4. Dems always looking for votes

#24     Jan 21, 2013
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

You also don't have the intelligence gene in your DNA.

#25     Jan 21, 2013
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

This one?

#26     Jan 21, 2013
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

[​IMG]

I didn't even watch the first one, let alone this one.

Dropping a cinder block on my foot would have been time better spent and more enjoyable to boot.

#27     Jan 21, 2013
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

Not that long ago it was assumed they could not speak, then they discovered they almost certainly could. One of the later theories isn't that they so much went extinct but more likely bred into the Cro-Magnon communities.

Truth is they simply do not really know and probably never will.
    Modern "science" gets a little carried away with speculation, guesses and theories treated as fact until proven wrong.

#28     Jan 21, 2013
  9. jem

jem

exactly.

#29     Jan 21, 2013
  10. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

#30     Jan 21, 2013