Harvard Economist: Legalizing Drugs Suits Ideal of American Freedom

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bigarrow, Mar 4, 2013.

1. RCG outed.

#21     Mar 5, 2013
  2. Legalize drugs. Freedom includes the right to make bad choices as well as good ones.

A close friend's brother destroyed his life with drugs, ending with a fatal overdose. The drugs he used were all illegal. All the drug laws on the books didn't stop him.

#22     Mar 5, 2013
  3. Completely agree with this. Drug use would probably go up, because people who were scared of doing something illegal but wanted to try them, would. But most people who are prone to addiction.. already are addicted. I don't know about you older dudes, but my generation is full of druggies. I can't see any difference between them and a perpetual drunk. Also, violent crime would be virtually nonexistent in this country if drugs were legal.

#23     Mar 5, 2013
  4. Yep people are brainwashed into accepting the unintended consequences of limiting freedom as somehow nominal or normal.

#24     Mar 6, 2013
  5. I am glad smokers don't have the right to pollut the air where I go out to eat. One case where limiting smokers rights for public safety was a good thing.

#25     Mar 6, 2013
  6. That's complete bullshit as well.

You had a choice not to go where there are smokers.

Restaurants could easily make a no smoking section if it was important to their sensibilities or they thought it important for "your" business.

#26     Mar 6, 2013
  7. I feel the same way about squalling fucking babies in public. I think they should be banned by the federal nanny state gubbermint because they are nasty and pose health hazards.

#27     Mar 6, 2013
  8. Be a big boy and say those words to the baby's daddy, then come back and tell us how that worked out for ya.

#28     Mar 6, 2013

9. 1) I could but what would be the point?

2) More importantly why are you deliberately failing to see my legit comparison of a nasty stinking baby squalling it's lungs out when I'm just trying to have a peaceful meal. The guy quietly drinking his 24oz* coke and smoking a cigar reading the paper isn't bothering me at all?

*graciously outlawed to protect the public from itself as well.

How come I don't get the nanny state to work for my benefit and prejudices like they did for you?

#29     Mar 6, 2013
  10. Ricter

Ricter

Please don't feed the Phoenix Trolling.

#30     Mar 6, 2013