Harvard Economist: Legalizing Drugs Suits Ideal of American Freedom

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bigarrow, Mar 4, 2013.

1. That's my thinking also. And wouldn't the theft to buy the stuff be reduced because of the reduced price of drugs. Marijuana would be cheaper than beer if it was legal.

#11     Mar 4, 2013
  2. pspr

pspr

You're just a racist idot, Ron. That's one of the reasons we call you moRon.

#12     Mar 4, 2013
  3. drug use would certainly go up but I don't think it would be near as toxic as a situation we have now.

You see the problem as it is now any drug use is seen as ABUSE, as opposed to impairment of daily living.

I propose most of those destined or with a predilection to have drug problems already do.

If you are envisioning a society of chaos the question to ask yourself is : did outlawing drugs stop or start the chaos?

#13     Mar 4, 2013
  4. Obviously we need to avoid socializing the procurement and treatment as well as non-incarceration boondoggle.

The sad reality is there's too much money/power to be made by drug organizations , politicians and your local gestapo force.
    You know they can seize your property with just being charged not convicted in a drug crime.

This issue is where we've lost our civil rights guaranteed in the Constitution first. But law abiding citizens hardly noticed cause "only bad people do drugs".

#14     Mar 4, 2013
  5. pspr

pspr

I've often wondered how that seizure of property thing got past a constitutional test. I've never taken the time to research it but it is disturbing. If they can take theirs, they can take mine too.

#15     Mar 4, 2013
  6. achilles28

achilles28

The drug war is just another excuse for the Government to get in your business and take your shit. It enriches the mafia/cartels, skyrockets violent crime, and marginalizes addiction.

Portugal decriminalized and their crime rate dropped in half. People will fry their heads regardless. Prohibition never worked. And the drug war has? LOL Best to strip the mafia government and criminal mafia of their power to fuck with our lives. Live and let live.

#16     Mar 4, 2013
  7. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Sounds like a similar argument against gun control.

Regardless, I am for legalizing drugs and eliminating the black market on them. And, you get to tax them.

#17     Mar 5, 2013
  8. You can already buy all kinds of drugs over the internet.

Just use Tor and go to Silk Road.

#18     Mar 5, 2013
  9. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Between your racist posts and your fraudulent journal I'm not sure anyone cares much about anything you have to say. I sure don't.

Perhaps a lifetime of lying has conditioned you to not be concerned about your credibility.

#19     Mar 5, 2013
  10. Harvard Economist: Legalizing Drugs Suits Ideal of American Freedom

Little off topic here but I'm getting very annoyed everytime someone uses or "overuses" the word "Freedom", "American Freedom" or "Ideal of American Freedom" because everyday in the paper you can read about a new law or restriction or vaguely constitutional application of law to restrict our "Freedom."

#20     Mar 5, 2013