Harvard: Don't Come To Cambridge If You're A Conservative

Discussion in 'Politics' started by JamesL, Mar 1, 2013.

1. JamesL

JamesL

http://dailycaller.com/2013/02/28/harvard-crimson-to-conservatives-dont-apply-to-harvard/

The Harvard Crimson published an editorial urging conservatives not to apply to Harvard if they intend to criticize the university down the line for political points.

The editorial, titled “Warning: Do Not Enroll,” denigrates famous conservatives who graduated from Harvard and later sharply — and perhaps hypocritically — complained about the university’s liberal ideology, including former presidential candidate Mitt Romney, Texas Republican Sen. Ted Cruz, and Fox News commentator Bill O’Reilly.

“If we could have spoken to these three men, we would have told them never to come to Cambridge,” wrote the staff of the Crimson. “We at The Crimson urge anyone who plans on one day scoring political points by maligning Harvard to neither apply, enroll, nor graduate from this fine institution.”

But the Crimson editorial may inadvertently support some conservatives’ assertions about the liberal campus’ hostility toward conservatives.

“Harvard liberals sure are an accepting bunch,” wrote Nathan Harden, editor of The College Fix. “I wonder where anyone ever got the idea that Harvard was hopelessly biased?”

2. The Harvard Crimson published an editorial urging conservatives not to apply to Harvard if they intend to criticize the university down the line for political points.
    ---------------------------------

I like this line of thought.

If you attend Harvard, please don't venture into the red states.

3. Progressives, the self appointed, or should I say anointed harbingers of truth, tolerance and free speech. Just don't disagree.

4. What we need here is a black conservative to apply.

I love the race card....:cool:

5. JamesL

JamesL

There was a Black Conservative in the last Presidential election...and he was still labeled a racist.

Liberals don't give a shit about skin color unless it fits their argument.

6. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

When in Cambridge I always wondered why all the homeless people were gathered in Harvard Square while two stops down the Red T line at Kendall where MIT is located there are no homeless --- then I realized that all the homeless were Harvard graduates!

7. pspr

pspr

I guess the subtle liberal slant in college is no longer just an under the surface bias. Under Obama the stupid liberal professors are in full blown "come out of the closet" mode and do our damage in the light of day.

8. The Crimson is a feeder for Big Media. These snot-nosed little nazis will be the future editors of the NYT, Washington Post, etc, assuming they stay in business. they will be deciding what goes on NBC News, etc.

In short, nothng will change. Conservatives not welcome here.

9. That was the same message I heard when I went to Berkeley in the late 1980s.

I went there a liberal and graduated a conservative as a direct result of the intolerance demonstrated daily by the so-called "progressives." Most of the students at Berkeley believed that all views opposing the progressive agenda should be silenced.

10. 90% of the crap I had to put up with in engineering school was useless math or anti-white male propaganda. And the math was just a filter. I never do calculus on the job, but have to deal with concealed feminists on a daily basis. They are extremely sensitive.

:eek:

#10     Mar 1, 2013