Harvard 2006: Housing boom will not end in a crash.

Discussion in 'Economics' started by peilthetraveler, Apr 8, 2012.

1. The Kennedy brothers went to Harvard. Do you think they spent their time on campus <i>studying</i>?..

#21     Apr 10, 2012
  2. Romney went to Harvard also.

#22     Apr 10, 2012
  3. Thats obvious...Romney seems brain dead.

#23     Apr 10, 2012
  4. MKTrader

MKTrader

Of course, Bernanke was also playing the housing crisis down in the summer of '07, saying that the worst is over, etc. A couple of years before that, the Fed published articles about the housing non-crisis (or so they thought).

Part of the problem is how much we trust academics and blindly believe things because "experts" or "studies" prove them.

Even cancer science, which is 1000% more legit than most econo-pseudo-science, is fraught with problems:

http://news.yahoo.com/cancer-science-many-discoveries-dont-hold-174216262.html

#24     Apr 10, 2012
  5. MKTrader

MKTrader

I read a paper a few years ago saying the same thing. It wouldn't surprise me. If you can find anything Obama wrote or edited in law school (before he had ghost writers and his own editors), it's filled with grammatical errors and not impressive in the least.

#25     Apr 10, 2012
  6. They work hard on educating themselves. That doesn't make them smart. Being educated simply means remembering what you are taught. Being smart means the ability to figure it out without being taught.

Mastering algebraic formulas = educated
    Creating new algebraic formulas = smart

Ones a robot, the other is a genius. Got it?

#26     Apr 10, 2012
  7. Everything in the libraries by him is pulled. It's unfortunate. I thought about trying to 'get it' somehow, since a person who could do that for me is almost certainly within no more than two friends from me.....not sure if it's possible though, considering it would probably be considered mail fraud or some damn thing :wtf:. I don't think anyone really knows whats in it, but supposedly has some real lefty mantra. Does anyone really believe that he wouldn't tax the richest people at 95% and give it all to the darwin award winners if he were king?

#27     Apr 10, 2012
  8. jem

jem

I think IQ tests and SATs do help find what they are designed to find.

Therefore I suspect IVYs no longer give as much weight to standardized test scores for their applicants.
    And, I do not believe the entrance stats for one second.

30 and 40 years ago the majority of the smartest kids with great grades got in to Ivys with and a few legacies and a few sports stars.

I know longer get that sense when I talk to college bound kids or read the articles about the schools.

If the smartest kids are getting in and out then... that would mean that after a few years in business and law ... there should be more of a tell tale sign of an Ivy graduate... I do not see it.

But, I do say there is a tell tale sign of Ivy at the top of the pyramid.

#28     Apr 10, 2012
  9. MKTrader

MKTrader

There's not much available, but here's one example:

http://lewrockwell.com/orig12/cashill1.1.1.html

#29     Apr 10, 2012
  10. I qualified what I wrote by stating that students that do not fall under the AA or legacy batch of applicants are far more likely to have high test scores and class rank. Of course, just about everyone else in this thread continues to cite the political legacies and/or AA alumni to try to disqualify what is pretty obvious.

"Tell tale sign of an Ivy graduate"...You know better than this. There will always be a large proportion of Ivy graduates who gravitate towards academia..after all, they are probably better equiped to stay inside that world than to venture out into finance, law, medicine, etc...Even if most of the liberal a-holes that populate the elite academic institutions are full of it, I'd never claim that they didn't posses a high IQ.

Many of my profs in college had either Ivy league undergrad or graduate degrees.

#30     Apr 10, 2012