Hart to Borrow stock lists

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by cmspruill, Oct 15, 2012.

1. cmspruill

cmspruill

I realize this may be a stretch but I want to ask in case one of you can point me in the right direction.

I'm looking for a broker-dealer or stock loan group that can provide me with historical hard to borrow list data (daily list of all HTB stocks) as well as an end of day hard to borrow list. I realize this data is not easy to come by, and often internal only, but I have been told some groups do provide this data either to clients only or outside traders for a fee. I know the subscription fee can be steep in some cases -- either way, I would like to speak with someone about making arrangements to get my hands on the data. I do understand the list can differ some between brokers/loan groups -- that's ok. I just need access to one in general.

If you can point me in the right direction that would greatly be appreciated, i'm researching the question via other venues but not coming up with much.

Any help is much appreciated, please PM me if you don't want to discuss it publicly.

2. 1245

This might seem like I'm being picky, but there is NO "hard to borrow" list. There is an "easy to borrow" list that gets loaded onto your platform each day. If the security does not appear on the list, you need a locate to short it. Getting the easy to borrow list is very difficult as you said. It is for internal use only.

Good luck,