Harr Reid Decided to Amernd Ethics Reports

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ZZZzzzzzzz, Oct 16, 2006.

1. So it may have been a technical violation but is there anything else you (rightwingers) are accusing/suspecting him of? The transfer itself was legal, he did not and could not possibly profit from hiding it so what exactly are you trying to imply?

#11     Oct 16, 2006
  2. I am not sure what they are trying to imply, but one thing is for sure... they are bent on confirming that IQ is in the low fifties... room temperature almost .:p

#12     Oct 16, 2006
  3. Hmm, their silence is certainly defeaning. They are accusing Harry Reid... they just don't really know what they are accusing him of. :D

#13     Oct 16, 2006
  4. Here's the problem. Anyone who looks at this transaction would have to say it was odd. Apparently Reid used influence to get the property rezoned. Did he disclose that he had a secret ownership stake in it? Did they transfer it to an LLC so that his name wouldn;t show on the land records? Were there tax implications to transferring it to an LLC and was the transfer price legit?

The larger issue is the media is all over any possible ethical lapse involving a Republican but is totally disinterested in shady deals that Democrats engage in. They have basically dropped this story already and acepted Reid's non-explanation at face value.

#14     Oct 16, 2006
  5. First of all, do we know if Reid has done anything illegal or immoral? If so, crucify the bastard.

I don't see special treatment, I see news stories being issued as new facts come out.

The bottom line is though, the repubnigklans claim to be of a higher standard morally and ethically than their dem counterparts, so why are you whining like a ladybaby when we actually do hold the repubnigklans to a higher standard?

Very confusing you klannish...you want to be viewed as morally superior, but don't want any investigation or transparency...

#15     Oct 16, 2006
  6. Arnie

Arnie

Z,

Who's been going on and on about "draining the swamp"?

The DEMOCRATS!. Nothing but a bunch of prima donnas until the spotlight is on them.

Harry Reid= Swamp Thing:D

#16     Oct 16, 2006
  7. Can you say perp walk?

LOL...

You klannish in your broken glass house really want to be throwing more stones?

#17     Oct 16, 2006
  8. Here's the problem. Anyone who looks at this transaction would have to say it was odd.
    Absolutely not, transfering property to an LLC is not odd by any stretch of imagination. You can open (join) an LLC and transfer your car, your computer, your money or your basement to it, it's absolutely legit, routine and non-taxable.

Apparently Reid used influence to get the property rezoned.
    How is that apparent? I've seen absolutely no evidence of that and no accusations either.

Did he disclose that he had a secret ownership stake in it? Did they transfer it to an LLC so that his name wouldnt show on the land records?
    You got it all backward, he was not hiding his ownership, he was claiming ownership of what he technically did not own, he kept saying "I own that land", this entirely defeats your agrument that he was trying to make his ownership secret.

Were there tax implications to transferring it to an LLC and was the transfer price legit?
    I am not a tax attorney but I don't think so. Besides once again no one has accused him of tax evasion either.

#18     Oct 16, 2006
  9. Oral contracts relating to real property are unenforceable. That is basic Property Law 101. So anything Reid received was in the nature of a gift, because he didn't have a legally enforceable right to it.

You are making enormous assumptions regarding the transfer to an LLC being a non-event. He was not listed as having an ownership stake in the LLC. Their "explanation" was that there was an oral agreement that he would have an interest in it. If the property had been sold at a big loss do you honestly think his "partner" would have demanded that Reid pay his share of the loss? There was mention in the news report of him receiving the same amount he paid for the property in exchange for transferring it. That in itself raises obvious questions. If it was worth more, as it undoubtedly was, then he dodged a cap gains tax. What he "told" people about ownership of the land is irrelevant. It received favorable rezoning after the transfer, and anyone looking at the land records would not have had a clue that he was a partial "owner."

Maybe he could get a legal opinion from Hillary Clinton or Webb Hubbell that it was all ok. After all, that's the way they did thingsin Arkansas.

#19     Oct 16, 2006
  10. Maybe they could get the county Sheriff that oversaw the Dick Cheney shooting...After all, that's the way they did things in Texas.

#20     Oct 17, 2006