Hard To Beat Logitech..

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by gnome, Jul 11, 2008.

1. gnome

gnome

I had a 3-year old Mx510 mouse which still worked perfectly, but had a couple of "feet" worn off. I inquired to their warranty department, "do worn-out feet count for a warranty claim"?

They said, "We don't have an feet to send you for that... and we don't have any Mx510s to replace it. How about we send you a brand new Mx518?"

Can't beat that! :D

2. skepticaltrader

skepticaltrader Guest

The logitech M518 is a good mouse. I use it all day doing computer aided design, so it get a lot of punishment.

Its still holding up strong.

3. Wow, amazing. I don't find worn feet after 3 years very shocking so I'm really amazed at their response.
    Wonder what happens if you complain about the Mx518 having worn feet in 3 years :)

I agree Logitech hard to beat

4. gnome

gnome

I'm afraid the warranty on this new Mx518 will only run until the end of my original Mx510 warranty... a few months.

While I was waiting for the process to get the new one to me, I tried about 4 different mice. The Mx518 feels the best and smoothest.

I'm also typing on a cheap Logitech keyboard, but I like it better than the ones which ship with new Dells...