hard drive deal this weekend

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Free Thinker, Jan 24, 2004.

1. Well, ES I'm not sure that a potential customer that can't buy a product because its unavailable is going to have warm and fuzzy feelings for the merchant, so I question whether there really is any benefit to the merchant under such a scenario.

On an unrelated note, I'm curous to hear how you are making out with stockmarkettimer.com. The powers to be short-circuited your thread.

#51     Feb 5, 2004
  2. you have to be fast on the trigger to get a deal like this. 20 bucks christ thats giving them away. they were out of stock soon as page hit web.

#52     Feb 5, 2004
  3. I trade their Pivot Points system with the NQ.......I just execute the emails and make the money thats on their performance page....the only slippage I experience is at contract roll over. I really do not consider this trading....its more like investing (only 2 or 3 trades a month) I have been with them for 3 years....

Michael B.

#53     Feb 5, 2004
  4. I just went to the OfficeDepot website, and they now show the drive in stock.

If you click on the link above, type in Maxtor at the top of the page in the Search Recent Deals box. Then click on the Maxtor 80 gig for $20.09 link. Ignore the red "expired" tag next to the link. Offer expires 2/7/04. Follow the directions, and you should have no problem.

#54     Feb 6, 2004
  5. gnome

gnome

I followed your procedure, but the checkout would not recognize coupon 40567109 ($20 off on purchase > $100). It seems the Maxtor HD is excluded from qualifying towards the $100... ??

#55     Feb 6, 2004
  6. Wow, that's strange. I bought my drive online on the 4th, and O.D. accepted the $20.00 off coupon. But, when I just tried it like you did Gnome, it would not accept it for the drive. Funny thing is, I tried to buy 500 boxes of paperclips for $100, and it took the coupon. Sorry, about that. I give up. Just trying to help out my fellow ET members.

#56     Feb 6, 2004
  7. Boomer

Boomer

so, is this online deal working...

#57     Feb 7, 2004
  8. Boomer

Boomer

i just tried to get it, and it did not recognize the hard drive as $99. guess it aint working. is that ableshopper site good, looks interesting...

#58     Feb 7, 2004
  9. gnome

gnome

I was just checking to see if I was doing something wrong. Apparently OD figured out they didn't want to be giving a $20 discount on an item with $60 in rebates... Good that you got your order in before they woke up

#59     Feb 7, 2004
  10. Boomer

Boomer

if anybody else finds a good deal on a hard drive, please list. i'm looking for one...

#60     Feb 7, 2004