hard drive deal this weekend

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Free Thinker, Jan 24, 2004.

1. nitro

nitro

Ohhhh, alright...

You guys talked me into trying just one more time...

I will try it at one of the mentioned stores. If this deal is still available, I will go for it.

nitro

#41     Jan 30, 2004
  2. They were sold out in the OMX's near me, but I got a raincheck coming in the mail. Problem is the rebate offers have to be available at the time when you can physically get the drive to take the UPC code off.

#42     Jan 30, 2004
  3. This happened to me once with a raincheck item that did not come in until AFTER the rebate had to be postmarked.

The OM store just took the rebate value off the total price, saving me the hassle of even sending in the rebate.

#43     Jan 30, 2004
  4. And Nitro......I can handle the postal employees for you, just send your request to me with $10.00, and I will handle the rest....Don't forget to send me the coupons and upc code....ok?

Michael B.

#44     Jan 30, 2004
  5. #45     Feb 4, 2004
  6. Gratuitous posting to get the thread back up top. See previous post.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

#46     Feb 5, 2004
  7. They are out of stock

TM Trader

#47     Feb 5, 2004
  8. Thanks TMTrader for the update. EliteTraders cleaned them out eh?

#48     Feb 5, 2004
  9. I estimate that there are several hundred OfficeDepot/Max retail locations and that in my area there are over 50 people at each store waiting on rainchecks (12 stores in Los Angeles area).......probably Western Digital has an order for several thousand hard drives from OfficeDepot/Max...minimum of 5000, in my estimation.

OfficeDepot and Officemax have a great marketing concept to draw customers in......and they have a good excuse if they get sued about not filling orders....They already got the benefit without having to pay up.....we shall see.

Michael B.

P.S. In my suburb thay said there are 150 on the list, JUST IN THAT STORE....I asked who is going to call all those people....they said they were under-staffed....I reminded them if each phone call takes 5 minutes or if the person was not home...it will take 750 minutes of labor just to call the customers to tell them their raincheck has arrived.

#49     Feb 5, 2004
  10. Was recommended by Art Samberg of Pequot Capital in Westport, CT in the Barron's Roundtable this past week.

#50     Feb 5, 2004