hard drive deal this weekend

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Free Thinker, Jan 24, 2004.

1. The only factual part of your statement is you had a singular bad rebate experience.

#31     Jan 29, 2004
  2. cashonly

cashonly Bright Trading, LLC

I had a singular bad rebate experience at staples. I was dissatisfied with the way customer service handled it and so I choose not to shop at Staples any more. With ODP and OMX, why should I?

I'm a customer, I had a problem, customer service did a lousy job handling it and thus I choose no longer to be a customer. This is not the only place I no longer shop at / dine at / play at for just such reasons. Is this so hard to understand?

Cash

#32     Jan 29, 2004
  3. Not at all, I simply point out that, objectively, someone else's experiences would most likely differ from yours.

Even if I had an exact prior experience as yours at Staples (or any other store) and now they were offering the same post-rebate $19.95 deal for a WD 80GB/8MB Buffer/7200 RPM drive as OMX is, I would not hesitate to purchase it from them.

#33     Jan 29, 2004
  4. cashonly

cashonly Bright Trading, LLC

Yes, I understand completely. Yet, you must also understand that I wouldn't see it as a $19.95 deal because I wouldn't think I'd be getting the rebate, thus it would cost me MORE than $19.95.

#34     Jan 29, 2004
  5. You still think every rebate deal at Staples will never be mailed? Sorry, I disagree. Further, I think the entire supply of brand new drives- all missing their UPC label, listed here

http://search.ebay.com/search/searc...L&ht=1&sosortproperty=1&from=R10&BasicSearch=

came from just such successful rebates from OMX, Staples and elsewhere.

#35     Jan 29, 2004
  6. Catoosa

Catoosa

I have been to Staples one time. I got bad vibrations and got out of there. Base on some of the post here, I think my fears were correct.

#36     Jan 29, 2004
  7. Since we seem to be basing our prospective shopping venues on unverified experiences posted on an anonymous message board... got any hot stock tips?

#37     Jan 29, 2004
  8. Well when you walk in the store with sunglasses on your face and a wig on your head what do you expect? :)

#38     Jan 29, 2004
  9. I got an 80GB and a 120GB Maxtor from OfficeMax last year, both 8MB cache and with the rebate setup that you have outlined (but not as good a price obviously). These are excellent drives, really fast.

OM takes about 3-4 months or so to send the rebates but they're reliable in doing so (I bought other stuff too on OM rebates and they always paid up). Maxtor is prompt and reliable in paying off their rebates. No problem there. Vital to do the paperwork properly and keep copies of everything of course...

Elvis

#39     Jan 29, 2004
  10. Bob111

Bob111

never have any problems with rebates at all.
    staples,officemax and best buy rebates handled by one company-parago-

http://www.rebateshq.com/clients/parago/rebates/index.jsp

if you follow directions properly and keep copies of all papers that you sending-there is should be no problem.
    even if there is a problem-fax them a your copies and they will send you a check. they even send me rebate, after cendyne close they business and refuse to pay it to customers, who purchase dvd burners not so long ago. however-be very carefull with rebates from officemax, where part paid by store and part paid by manufacturer. make sure that they give you both rebate forms, and also make sure that you dont need to present original UPC on both.

#40     Jan 29, 2004