Happy Veteran's Day

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by LEAPup, Nov 11, 2010.

1. LEAPup

LEAPup

To those of you who have served, Happy Veteran's Day!

:)

2. r-in

r-in

Add me to that list of thank yous! My Dad served in WWII and saw the complete horror show. Thank you to all, whether you saw combat or not, because you never know when you enter what you might end up in, and that takes a hell alot of balls.

3. LEAPup

LEAPup

Wow! WWII! Outstanding! He's why we're still free in the US.

As for me:
    Prior US Marine Corps 0311, 0331 1990-1994
    Commissioned Officer 1999- med sep in 2004 (knee)

4. "Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty."
    JFK

Enjoying your freedom today? Thank a Vet! They paid the tab.

5. LEAPup

LEAPup

Oh wow! I want that bacon burger! Looks like I may be doing Applebees tonight!

6. U.S. Uniform Services Identification Card
    U.S. Uniform Services Retired Identification Card
    Current Leave and Earnings Statement (LES)
    Photograph in uniform
    Wearing uniform
    Veterans Organization Card
    (i.e., American Legion and VFW)
    DD214

I guess my tatoo won't get me a meal. Looks like I have to dig up an old photo, or my DD214, cause I sure as hell won't fit into an old uniform.:eek:

7. LEAPup

LEAPup

Don't feel bad. I tried to put on my mod blues recently for the heck of it. Well, that was a dose of reality! Couldn't get the blouse buttoned, and the trousers I don't even want to talk about...:( :eek:

8. I left MCRDSD at 178 and a 300 PFT. Today I weight 215 and can barely run 3 miles, but not in 18 minutes. :D

9. LEAPup

LEAPup

Semper Fi Leatherneck!

And yes, I am FAR from a 300PFT. Probably more like a 225, and I stay pretty active despite being a little "rounder":( than I was when I marched across the Parade Deck.:)

#10     Nov 11, 2010