Happy Sequester Day!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by nitro, Mar 2, 2013.

Will automatic spending cuts cause discernible economic pain?

1. Yes. The SP500 will be at 1200 in a year.

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  2. No. The SP500 will continue to chug higher. 1600+ By year end.

4 vote(s)
    19.0%
  3. I don't know. What does this have to do with the SP500 anyway?

12 vote(s)
    57.1%
  4. I don't care.

3 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. nitro

nitro

2. Lucrum

Lucrum

At less than 3% I'm having a hard time believing it's going to make much difference one way or the other. But then I'm not dumb enough to fall for Obama's fear mongering and deliberate tactics to make the cuts as painful as possible.

3. nitro

nitro

Well, then you didn't read the article. It is a submission by several representatives of completely different sectors of the economy. Spend the time to read it!

Aslo, remember, one dollar spent by the government turns into $10 in the real economy. Multiply by your 3, and it can get ugly.

4. The Treasury letter states that "Sequestration" was never meant to be implemented.

As far as I know this was Obama's idea. So kick the can down the road and now "can meet Obama" and now it's everyone's problem?

Obama can go tweet to his 51% "we won" black hispanic gay poor homeless acorn skeet shooting buddies.

5. Lucrum

Lucrum

No I didn't

Really?

In that case fuck the deficit and the debt and lets spend away!

6. nitro

nitro

7. Lucrum

Lucrum

8. Once again, the GOP protect the wealthy and the average guy gets a punch in the face. We really need to get the obstructionists out of there.

9. Going forward. Will there be more or less money in the economy to support the market?

If meat is not inspected or prisons are emptied how will this effect the markets?

10. "one dollar spent by the government turns into $10 in the real economy."

Tax revenues should increase expotentially. Has this happened?

#10     Mar 2, 2013