Happy Martin Luther King Day Everyone!

Discussion in 'Events' started by aphexcoil, Jan 19, 2003.

1. Screw ALL these holidays :mad:

Too many friggin days off.

Hurts the economy, parents have no one to watch their kids while at work, lowers US productivity, etc...

We should honor people, but not with days off for schools, banks, companies, the exchanges, etc...

How many more holidays will be added to the list :eek:

#11     Jan 19, 2003
  2. rs7

rs7

Dull indeed. But we seem to have reached a state of "perestroika". Besides, other than the fact that Max has in the past argued with me about his disbeliefs in where I was, or what I did, we essentially agree on most issues. So there isn't anything worth arguing about. (though I seemed more anti war....that is how our "feud" started, I am not so unrealistic as to be an unreasonable "pacifist". Some things are worth fighting for and even dying for).

Also, I have a lot of respect for Max. He does not express the thoughts of others, like so many of the cut and paste fanatics. Like I said before, I would always prefer to hear the thoughts of whoever posts (whether I agree or disagree) than to see something copied from an outside source.

Max and I at least "fight" our own battles. Max doesn't need to search for the thoughts of others to make his arguments. So that is refreshing.

What is not refreshing is the instigation that both Max and I have to see on a recurring basis.

Even today, Wild tried....asked about French visas. Max gave a great response: "Asked and answered".

Peace,
    rs7

#12     Jan 19, 2003
  3. "peristroika" I couldn't find that one in my webster's

#13     Jan 19, 2003
  4. rs7

rs7

easing (or restructuring) of tensions (end of cold war expression defining Gorbachev's approach to "normalization" of US/Soviet relations. Russian, so it would not figure to be in Websters).

Or try different spelling....perestroika (not sure if there is a right or wrong way to spell russian words in english).

Never heard the expression? Can I ask your age?

Peace,
    Rs7

#14     Jan 19, 2003
  5. 46, but just didn't hear it running tractor trailers coast to coast for many years. We didn't say "peristroika" on the 'cb' all that often....lol...

Hey I never claimed to not be ignorant - just not dumb :)

#15     Jan 19, 2003
  6. rs7

rs7

I can imagine.....all I ever heard on my CB (I used to have one when I lived in Colorado and drove a lot to and from Vegas and between Denver to Aspen) was about topics like what kind of action was going on at what truck stops. Not much about world politics for sure:)

When did you drive? Coast to coast....that was always a weird fantasy of mine. I liked driving. I just don't know if I could have stayed awake the way the pros do. When I moved to Fla. from Vegas with my son, I gave myself a 3 day head start on the moving van. I was driving a fast car. Got a ticket in Texas doing 110. But I did have to stop to sleep. My boy was only 10. The moving van got here one day after I did. They had to have gone straight through. Took me 3 days of solid 800 miles a day. How the hell did they do it so fast?

Oh, yeah, on that trip I had a CB, but was reluctant to use it. Didn't want my son to hear the kind of language you hear on the CB's....you are right, "perestroika" would not figure to be a common word in that forum:)

Peace Plum,
    :)rs7

#16     Jan 19, 2003
  7. Trucked all over the 48 from 1990 - 2000 with the last 3 yrs primarily from Carolina to California. I mostly trucked through the night (made more miles in less time that way) and slept during the morning hrs. when the majority were hitting the streets.

As for a fantasy: naw it's not much fun, it's a hard way to make a living. Fun for about a year, then it's just a boring hard way to make a living. (and with fuel prices up - the making a living part is debatable)

#17     Jan 19, 2003
  8. MLK changed America into the greatest and the most free and fair country on earth. For the likes of jessejackson and alsharpton to call themselves his follower and countinuing in MLK's footstep is a fking shame.

#18     Jan 19, 2003
  9. What happened to the cartoon in Aphie's original post? Did Aphie remove it or was it censored? Just curious.

Snake

#19     Jan 19, 2003
  10. Fuck MLK day; just trade already ...

#20     Jan 20, 2003