Happy Birthday Marines!!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Dr. Zhivodka, Nov 10, 2006.

1. As a former Marine I am asking the moderator to please remove this thread. It has become a disgrace, not only to the Corps, but to ET itself. I'll use a word I don't use often, or take lightly.
    Please!

#41     Nov 12, 2006
  2. listen, i will have no part no further in this thread, i started talkin' about iraq because u can separate the commitment of marines and the occupation due of the very nature of it. my first post was in reply to hapacrap paintin' a false picture of the mood over there and over here. it was infact an acknowledgement of what those marines are facin' every day and what they really want as expressed by a myriad of polls conducted on the ground. then the other guy comes out and post a link to a guy receivin' medal from bush for his dedication in direct response to my post and tellin' me i'll never understand when i frankly see nothin' positive about dyin' for a stupid occupation and i said so. then the argument turns to iraq and i reply to the consequent posts. when i am attacked and offended, i respond in the same fashion and worse. i cant imagine who would take seriously u right wing wackos assaultin' everyone that disagree with u usin' a barrage of offensive words and then accusin' them of the very same behavior. hypocritical.

#42     Nov 12, 2006
  3. Thank you. Unlike the resident troll, you at least are a moonbat with manners and will leave when asked.

Thanks again.

#43     Nov 12, 2006
  4. moonbat with manners...that was funny, i give u that.

yw.

cya.

#44     Nov 12, 2006
  5. More rhetoric. I never said I support the war. Are you dim? Your missing the point. Thread title "Happy Birthday Marines". Whoever started the Iraq conflict arguments here is irrelevant. Somebody posted a link to a story involving a young Marine who is going to receive the congressional medal of honor post-homonously and you disrespected his death as a Marine.

Now go fuck yourself with a rusty chainsaw.

I`m done with this message board. You cant even start an innocent thread to honor your pals without it turning into a shit show. What a bunch of miscreants.

Baron/mods please remove my account.

#45     Nov 13, 2006
  6. hcour

hcour Guest

Whatever happened to "I support the troops but not the war"? Unfortunately, it became what seems to be a meaningless, empty cliche, but some cliches become so because they have great truth. We did learn something from Vietnam, that we can't condemn the soldiers for doing their duty. We can and should believe in those doing the fighting for us, we should admire and be grateful to them, and I believe most reasonable people do. But we also have the right and even the obligation to protest the war they're in if we (and perhaps, they) believe it to be wrong. In fact that freedom of expression is part of what they're fighting for. Except for all the variations on "Fuck you, asshole" I haven't read anything in this thread especially offensive by those against this war. In fact the only offensive thing I read was the guy who took Cindy Sheehan to task for protesting her son's death. What garbage. She's not dishonoring his memory, she's standing up for him and trying to save the lives of others. Because, ironically, in another sense, apparently we learned nothing from Vietnam. Back then they told us it was about Communism, but of course it wasn't. This time it was supposed to be about Terrorism, and it's not. As usual, rich fat incompetent old white men who never had to fight in a war send off other people's sons and daughters to die for their political agenda. I have nothing but admiration and gratitude for the soldiers fighting in this war, as do most Americans, but the fact is it's not about the threat of Terrorism anymore than Vietnam was about the threat of Communism. Cindy Sheehan is an American heroine, she's paid the greatest sacrifice a mother can and her son should and would be proud of her for having the courage and integrity to stand up and stand out - and she has made a difference. This war is an atrocity, an utter debacle, Vietnam Pt 2. The similarities are disturbing, to miss them is to be in a state of denial. I take back what I said before, maybe we never learn. Or, at least, it seems it's a very slow process. Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it...

H

#46     Nov 13, 2006
  7. #47     Nov 13, 2006